cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to SDM after installation/deinstallation of local Web AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to install a Web AS on my local machine. This was a bad idea because my laptop collapsed. Thus I quickly deinstalled it again. Now it's the old situation: Netweaver Developer Studio 2.0.9 on my laptop connects to the server, which runs Web AS 6.40. However, it does not work anymore. Although the J2EE Explorer shows green, the deployment of my WebDynpro App fails with the following message:

-8<--

02.03.2005 14:07:33 /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[002]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : localhost

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOKUME1/Work/LOKALE1/Temp/temp44062HelloWebDynpro2.ear

Deployment exception : Server localhost did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server localhost at port 50018: Connection refused: connect

Inner exception was :

Server localhost did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server localhost at port 50018: Connection refused: connect

-8<--

I think it's odd that it says "localhost" and not the server configured as the J2EE server.

Hope you can help.

Thanks!

Markus

PS.: Reinstalling DevStudio did not change anything. However, a fresh installation of DevStudio on another PC was able to deploy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the SAP J2EE Engine configuration in NWDS at Windows->Preferences-> SAP J2EE Engine.

Set Message server = enter your machine IP

Message Server Port = 3601

You should be able to deploy your application.

if you appl. is pdk par file click on SAP Enterprise Portal and Add a Server Definition pointing to your machine.

Regards,

S.Divakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Include 'localhost' in your 'hosts' file in 'etc' folder.That will solve your problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Satya