cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need career advice to choose either SAP XI or SAP MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have experience in Mainframe and some background in J2EE. I want to get in to SAP and looking for an advice to decide on which one to go for. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

As U r telling that u hv experience in J2EE then prefer to go SAP-EP. B'coz there is a much work of java in EP. For learning SAP-XI u need to learn ABAP with CrossApps.

regars,

Ansar.SK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohan,

If you have opportunity to go into MDM, i would suggest going into that. I mean if you can go for some training and learn MDM seriously, there are many opportunities for MDM now compared to XI and very few people are there on market for MDM compared to XI(so, lot of competetion).

--Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

As you said you have J2EE Knowledge you can are enough capable to choose EP(enterprise portal) is one of the component in SAP Netweaver where as SAP XI is also one of the SAP Netweaver Component but it used for Integration.

Comming to difference between EP and XI,XI is bit easy and less programming involved in XI most fo the time you would be doing Screen Navigations and which is very userfriendly and very interesting to learn but where as EP is fully involved in Programming.

If you want to fully involve in Programming go to EP otherewise you can go for XI.For demand point of view both of them are in the same place in the market.

Hope I clarified your doubts.Let me know if you have any doubts.

Thanks and Regards,

Sekhar