cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm new in SAP but keenly interested in making a career in SAP.

I've 4 years experience in system administration (Windows, Unix, Networking) I took a overview of SAP form one of my friends...he suggested Basis or Abap

I'm looking forward to guidance as to where to start...supportive material or reference sites will be of great help.

Suggestion are welcome from experts.....Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you shouldvisit one of the centre of SAP, who provide training. There is no doubt that technical role would match your requirement i.e ABAP or Basis. If you are comfortable with either of them, I would suggest that you should go in for Basis, as it is the backbone of SAP & has higher growth prospect compared to ABAP. This would not mean that ABAP will not have growth prospect. Abap also has growth prospect.

Another difference between the two is that once basis has completed with installation activity primarily or further post installation activity, other consulatant cannot move ahead. But Abap is more dependend on input from functional consultant.

Regagards,

Rajesh Banka

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend,

I think if you have experience in sistem administration and if you like it you should go to ABAP.

Good luck!

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Somesh,

Welcome to BPX...

It would be more on terms of what you are comfortable with and one more overriding reason - what is the impetus for you to look for a change and that too why SAP ...

This is not from a perspective opf "Why are you intruding " but more to do with - "Are you sure of what you want out of SAP "

BASIS would be something that you can relate to..

ABAP would be more in terms of programming and development but it is easier to get entry in ABAP...

Also check the following blog for more details...

/people/matt.danielsson/blog/2006/10/29/avoid-layoffs-new-sap-job-skills-to-learn-now

Arun

Message was edited by:

Arun Varadarajan