cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with the Syndication. I have an xsd and the proper syndication map for it. When I execute the syndication it works fine. So I enable the "surpress records without key" setting. The syndication works still fine. I enable the "surpress unchanged records" and run the syndication -> nothing happens. Of course. No changes yet. But once I changed something in the Data Manager and rerun the syndication, the syndication failed. No error log is produced (if an error log would be produced where is it stored?) just "Syndication failure"

So the error comes from enabling the "Surpress unchanged records" or not.

Any ideas and help?

Answers will be rewarded.

Thank you

Best regards

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This problem is solved in MDM .5.SP04 patch 3 avalaible in market place

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

When you use <b>"Supress Unchanged records"</b> , you need to set the Main table

<b>"Key Mapping"</b> property to <b>"Yes"</b>.

This works fine for me with the following build versions.

MDM Server Build Version 5.5.34.54

Syndicator Build Version 5.5.34.54

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Hope this solves your problem.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

thank you very much. The new build did the trick. Patch 3 solved my problem. Strange that this bug existed all the time.

BR

Nicolas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi <b>Nikolas</b>,

After changing records in the data manager, restart the Syndicator and execute syndicate map.It works.

Hope it will solve your problem.Let me know the result.

Thanks,

<b>Shiv Prashant Dixit</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you both of you for the replies but unfortunatly non of it worked.

I closed the Syndicator and reopened it after the record change but still got the the same error message after syndication "Syndication failed".

Then I closed everything and started the Syndication Server (Service) which then also "crashed":

"Syndication manager has executed syndication query. 14/14 records found - Error:

RC: 0x80000000"

So both options did not work. But you said, it is a common bug?! How can the "surpress unchanged resords" flag be a common bug?

Should I open and OSS message on that issue? I got the same error on a Unix landscape and on Windows with both automatic and manual syndication.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thank you

Best regards

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

I think this is a bug. Many people are facing this issue. Try using syndicator batch with the supress unchanged records ticked. It works.

Regards,

Vinay