Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform - Print a space character

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I need to print a space character in a text. I created the text within a window, and place the space, but when I printed the form, it didn't work. I even tried with ALT+255, but in the printed form, the space is replaced by "#".

Anybody?

Thanx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andres,

Try giving paragraph & charcter format to space.

Ashven

andrs_sarcevic
Contributor
0 Kudos

Like you said Ashvender, the space didn't have my defined paragraph and character format, so it printed out with the standard format, wich has 1,0 LN line spacing. My format has 0,8 LN.

That's the problem. In my smartform some values were printed some lines below that it was supposed to print. The 0,2 LN difference was the problem.

It turns out that the "#" character didn't apply to the issue. That character was printed because the printer didn't recognize it. I was trying to simulate an space.

Thanx for all the answers.

Regards,

Andrés Sarcevic.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

do u want to print a SPACE after u r text...

suppose y r print some text it is Variable v_text... then in the Text elelment write as follows..

<b>&v_text& &space&</b>h va u observed i have given 1 space between &v_text& and &space&..it works... i done the same for my requirements..

Please Close this thread.. when u r problem is solved

Reward if Helpful

Regards

Naresh Reddy K

0 Kudos

Put one . in window. make one character format whose color is white. use this ch format. u will get space.

thanks,

sanjukta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not know if you had tried this:

&SPACE& for single space and &SPACE(10)& for ten spaces.

Please try this and let us know.

Regards

Subramanian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate a little on what you are trying to do? Are you trying to put a space between two fields or....?