cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC adapter connected to a DB in high availability!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have finished my scenario File -> XI -> JDBC and now I’m preparing to transport it to QAS. I found that Data Base of QAS is in two cluster nodes. I have two hostnames to fill the parameter <b><IP address></b> and I don’t know which hostname I should use! Is it supposed use both? …or I need another one virtual?

Connection: <b>jdbc:oracle:thin:@<IP address>:<listener port>:<instance name (database name)></b>

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know this mechanism of high availability with 2 IP, but if you really have 2 hostname you should think to a method to switch from a node to the other in easy way, deactivating one and activating the other (for instance with the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/45/0c86aab4d14dece10000000a11466f/frameset.htm">Controlling a Communication Channel Externally</a>)

I suggest you to verify how it will be in production instance: real cluster ? switch over ? virtual IP ?

Regards,

Sandro

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys and points rewarded

0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

In an HA DB environment, there are two physical hostnames for the two nodes as well as a virtual name to access the DB regardless if it's running on the primary or secondary node. With this in mind, you I think you should configure the JDBC Communication channel to use the virtual ip address so in case of fail-over its seemless to XI.

Thanks,

Van Vi

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally High Availability systems are automatically switched from primary system to secondary. So no need of giving 2 urls.

To know more on High Availability systems for XI-https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ee7fa790-0201-0010-5aac-a0b2f0e94982

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

In Cluster Nodes always one of them is primary and another is secondry one.In your case you must give the IP address of primary one.In case of failover the secondry cluster will automatically assume the IP address of the primary one.

Bipin