cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM FTP File Server - SFTP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking into what it takes to install and setup MDM. The Master Guide lists a file server as a required component and states to look at the Configuration guide for details. The Configuration guide talks about the FTP protocol and other guides mention it as the FTP File Server.

Can SFTP be implemented instead of FTP? If not are there options instead of FTP. FTP is not permitted for internal data movements in my environment. I saw in the XI forum that XI with the right SP can handle SFTP with a java proxy.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

That FTP Server was just a way to give MDM the files for import, and take the files as export.

You can use anything you want. The file server could be the MDM server itself. You just have to manage how to give MDM something to import, and what to do with the file that MDM will syndicate

I hope this helps

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured that the MDM server could also be the file server. So you are saying that the protocol used to put the files where the MDM server and client can get them doesn't matter - just so long as they get there. Does any of the MDM components trigger a file transfer and if so in a particular protocol?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

you are right, the main thing is to get the file there, it doesn't really matter how. MDM by itself doesnt trigger any actions, it only waits for a new file to come over.

Let's say MDM is lookin constantly into an specific folder and at the moment the file arrives, MDM processes it.

I hope this helps

Alejandro