cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desirable Vendor not populating in backend (R/3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Key Words: Desirable Vendor, Vendor Replication

System: SRM 5.0, SAP R/3 4.6

Scenario: Classic

We replicate vendors for the backend R/3 via BBPGETVD. However, when ran BBPGETVD we had some errors so we had to select “<i>If R/3 Number Assignment is not Possible. Internal Number Assignment</i>”.

We have set-up EBP and are able to create requisitions (PR) in the backend from the SCs. However, the PR that is created in the backend (R/3) the Preferred Vendor is not being populated even if we select a vendor in the Source of Supply section of the SC. The vendor number of the Vendor that is selected is not the vendor number is in the backend.

Could my problem of the Preferred Vendor not being populated because the vendor number does not match? i.e. the vendor number in EBP does not exist in R/3

If this is the case, what do I need to do to the vendor number in EBP so they match the vendors number in the backend.

I know that view BBPV_BUPA_VENMAP shows the mapping of the replicated vendor s in EBP to the vendors in R/3.

Any help, suggestions, etc. will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Naing

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naing,

Your SRM Vendor must be assigned to backend vendor.

To do this, follow these steps:

in transaction BBPMAININT or 'Manage Business Partners' from web side choose BP number and click Edit.Go to Vendor Data tab and fill table 'Link to backend system' like this:

Logical system = logical system of your backend

Vendor = vendor number from transaction XK03 (backend side)

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcin,

I did 'Manage Business Partners' in EBP...

but I am getting the error message 'Error readign roles (Not maintained/no authorization)

Do we have to do this one vendor at a time? There must be a way to do this in batch.

Naiing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcin,

The problem I am having must be with roles the EBP user I used to maintian hte vendor.

I ran BBPMAININT and made the changes...the vendor is transferig to R/3.

The Vendor did have the logocal system defined...but they were the old LS...the one I used when I replicated them. When I change the LS to the new one the vendor were transfering.

Thanks.

Naing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naing,

Glad to hear that

All the best,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naing, were you able to transfer vendor from EBP to R/3 via this linkage? Could you give me some more details on how you were able to do so?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Derek,

I ran BBPMAININT and made the changes.

You have to run the transaction in a new session

1) frist do /n in the Command field

2) then enter TCODE: BBPMAININT

3) then Manage Busines Partners will show

4) enter the serach for the BP and edit

5) screen to edid/amin the BP will appear

6) change to edite mode and make your changes and fill in all the required information. You will ahve to scroll down to find all the fields

7) scroll to the bottom and click on 'Vendor Data'. A new screen will appear....SCROLL to the bottom

😎 near the bottom there is a tabel where you enter the Logical System, Vendor number (the R/3 vendor #)

hope that helps.

Naing

e-mail me at naing_zawtun@hotmail.com if you have any additional questions

7)

Answers (0)