Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between su01 and su01_NAV ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can any one let me know the exact difference between tcodes "su01" and "su01_NAV" ? what exactly does it mean by navigation ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Shiv

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both the transactions are used for creating the USERS.

SU01,SU01_NAV will give you user maintanace :initial screen.

i hope it will help you.

kiran kumar.v

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I can tell, SU01 is used in normal user maintenance and SU01_NAV is used for BI

SU01 User Maintenance

SU01_NAV User Maintenance to include in navigation

0 Kudos

SU01 is for the case where the user administrator is logged onto the system and wants to go directly to the user and do some security administration (editing address data, assigning roles, resetting passwords, etc).

SU01_NAV is the "navigation" version of SU01. It can be used by developers (and is used by SAP) for the case where the user administrator is given the "ease of access" to first find the users (logic in a report, or other screen output, etc) and then jump directly from the report output to the user and do some security administration (editing address data, assigning roles, resetting passwords, etc).

The functionality appears and behaves basically the same, but technically there are some small differences.

0 Kudos

Hi Julius Bussche,

Thanks for the answer.I did know wht su01 does exactly. But the diff you specified cleared the doudt i hve.

Regards,

Siva