cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP assignment of selections to forecast profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO DP release 5.

I have planning characteristics of product group, product, customer and am forecasting at the level of product and customer, where there are thousands of combinations.

Typical product and customer combinations could be:

product 1 at customer A

product 1 at customer B

product 1 at customer C

product 2 at customer A

product 2 at customer C

product 3 at customer B

product 4 at customer D

Analysing the history for these combinations, it is clear that certain combinations eg product 1 at customer A and product 2 at customer C could have forecast strategy x (eg constant model) whereas product 1 at customer B and product 2 at customer A could have forecast strategy y (eg trend model).

My question is:

How can I set up selections of the product/customer combinations so that a selection contains combinations which will be forecast by the same forecast strategy?

Thanks, Bob Austin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

first oyu have to define the characteristics in infoobject in RSA1 for material-customer combination and then you can use in planning book for that material-customer combination with forecast profile.

hope this will help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Charlie,

Thanks for rapid response!

What do you mean by 'set up characteristic for material-customer combination'?

Suppose I have product 1 at customer x, do you mean setting up a characteristic which contains something like '1@x'?

I guess this characteristic could then have a navigation attribute containing the forecast strategy?

Thanks, Bob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or you can create the selection ID based on the mateial and forecast profile in that case if MAt 1 with cut 1 has forecast profile 1

like wise system will run based on your combination.

In this case you have to create selection id for all forecast profile and run based on that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Charlie,

I'm not sure what you are getting at here.

Can you give an example of the proposed 'selection id'.

Of course, I want to have in a selection maybe MANY product||customer combinations.

Thanks, Bob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

your selection id should be based on the mateial and forecast profile only and then system will forecast based on the Profile and pull alll the customer has combination with material and customer

try in oyur sutomer book with material and forecast profile only and see it's pulling all the cusotmer or not who has the same combination.

hope this will help you.......

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob ,

After analyzing the historical data you will come to know that certain combinations eg product 1 at customer A and product 2 at customer C could have forecast strategy x and etc.

With this analysis you make selections (like Product 1 & 2 and Location as Customer A & C and on..) in the selection window of Interactive Demand Planning .

After you maintain the Forecast profile (suppose Constant Model/strategy x), <u><b>Assign Forecast Profile (Assignment F9)</b></u> with Tab on the top, for these specific combination of product and customer (selection you have maintained earlier ) in the <b>Third column</b> of the new opened window of Assign Forecast Profile .

For such other combination of Product and Customer you can assign other Forecast Profile as per analysed data ..

and then you can run the Forecast in interactive or in background for the combinations and the selecting the Forecast profiles .

Hope this clears you.

Regds , Digs...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Digs,

Thanks for this reply.

My only query relates to how a selection is defined in interactive DP. If a selection is made containing, for example, products 1 and 2 at customers A and B, this selection will contain ALL possible characteristic combinations (product 1 at customer A, product 1 at customer B, product 2 at customer A, product 2 at customer B), whereas I want to be able to say, for example, product 1 at customer A and product 2 at customer B have forecast strategy X, whereas product 1 at customer B and product 2 at customer A have forecast strategy Y.

Regards, Bob.

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bob ,

Further correcting my earlier statement of defining a seletion in interactive DP,I would say about assigning profile to a selection, if you look at the Assign Forecast profile window you will be able to see all the possible selections for the planning area in the first column Tab and drill down option <b>but</b> you can choose the specific product and at specific location (product 1 at customer A ) for assigning to forecast profile and keep on adding in next line your next combination (product 1 at customer B & product 2 at customer A, product 2 at customer B) for which you want to apply same Forecast profile

Regds , Digs...

Message was edited by:

Digambar Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Digs,

OK, but I have many hundreds of product||customer combinations!

I want an easy way of defining selections, each of which could contain some hundreds of combinations which are to be forecasted using the same forecast strategy.

Regards, Bob

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think you want the system to analyse historical data and select the Product and Customer combinations and based on that forecast profile to be set for that combination to run the forecast, But I think you need to input this based on the data analysis and not the system will do this .

Regds ,Digs ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After going through entire discussion, if i understood correctly that you want to assign Forecast profiles to selections ( CVC's at which you want to forecast ) in a easy way.

We have also faced this problem, so i have got some suggestion for this.

1. Create a Forecast Master profile with "Forecast with Automatic Model Selec" as Forecast Strategy in Univariate profile which is attached to that master profile.

2. Create an activity using Tcode /SAPAPO/MC8T for Forecasting with parameters in Forecast tab : Master Profile - Created in earlier step, and in control parameters check ' Generate profile and assign it & Generate new profile when errors'.

3. Create a backeground job with the activity defined in previous step and in aggregation level select characterstics on which you want to Forecast ( in your case it could be Product & Customer i guess ) and execute.

4. Now goto Tcode: /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST2 and give plang area and execute.

5. You can see all possible combinations got created in the table and assigned to some dummy profiles, there you can assign Forecast profiles manually.

6. Otherwise goto Tcode: SE16 and enter table : /SAPAPO/DP_FCST2 and execute with your selection and take dump into excel sheet.

7. If you really good in excel then it wont take much time to assign Forecast Profiles to your combinations.

8. Once your sheet is ready with all the data you can load that into table /SAPAPO/DP_FCST2 using LSMW ( Tcode: LSMW).

Dependency for the above is that you have to create LSMW program using these characterstics... its one time job but can be used when ever you want to chage Forecast profiles.

I think LSMW is easiet way to do it, If anybody knows an easy method better than this please let me know also.

Hope it helps you...

Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Pls reward points if it is helpful...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagadeesh,

Thanks for this.

I note that of course a profile is not generated if there is no history available.

Regards, Bob

igigus_igigus
Explorer
0 Kudos

Did u try by creating Characteristics value combinations in Master Planning objects.

Pl try creating one such combination

Product1 CustomeA

Product1 CustomeB

Product1 CustomeC

Regards,

Ashok Raskar