cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

protection of footer in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi group members,

i want to display multiple lines at the footer of the table. the text of those lines is static except one of that which will get values according to the total no. of rows of the table. the no. of rows of the table may vary also.

my requirement is to show the full footer in every page just below the table leaving no blank in between the main area and footer.

waiting for your valuable responses,

regards,

avijit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mukul/subramaniam,

i have used window after main window already with the checking 'only after main window'. but that doesn't solve the problem. bcoz i want the footer just after the table's rows but if i use the window then it is printed leaving some space in between when total rows to be displayed has the height less than that of main window. i think u got my point. plz suggest me the proper way.

regards,

avijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Avijith,

you have told that the text of the footer is static..so you can imaging how many line it takes right...?... normaly 0.5cm or 00.6cm per line based on the character size(example u r using HELVE 8)... suppose you have 4 lines text to print in footer window... give the length 2.00cm in output options. as mentioned in the above post...

<b>another way to do this is..</b>

after the table insert a folder(not under the tabe)..then insert then text in the folder whtever you want in the footer.

in the EVENTS tab of the FOLDER...give the Minimum heighe 2.00cm(if you want 4 lines). in the conditions tab of the FOLDER tick the "Only Before End Of Main Window".

Please Close this thread.. when u r problem is solved

Reward if Helpful

Regards

Naresh Reddy K

if u have further plese write here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi naresh,

though the text in footer is static how can i set the height to some value? is there any way to find out the height of each line type? i don't want to set the height value randomly. got my point?

regards,

avijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes avijith,

which font u r using and siz of the font?...

can u please let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi naresh,

helve_17...12.5,10.5 etc..tell me how u r calculating the height of d line types....

regards,

avijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

probobly it take 7MM for line... why dont you try.. by giving the some hieght..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi naresh,

see i have no problem to set some random height to footer...but i don't want 2 do d same without any logic..i don't like this trial-n-error process...if u tell me the logic for dis height value then that'll b helpful 4 me..hope u can understand...

regards,

avijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Avijith,

at a single time u can't get the perfect solution in smartforms, that why i have asked you to try, how can i imagine the exact height of the line u r usin... i am here to share my knowlede with all of you.... i can give suggestions but not exact solutions, i have good working knowledge in smartform... i have given you proper solutios also....but ur not in position to understand that.....

when u start working in smartform u will let you know... if really looking for the solution for u r problem.... try with different ways to find the solution..

anyways... thanks for u r reply... so that i can concentrate on other threads..

Regards

Naresh Reddy K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this.

Create a new window and in the conditions tab of that window, select "Only after end of main window" checkbox and check the result.

Regards

Subramanian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a new secondary window for your footer & place it after the main window. Then create a text field in that secondary window & write your static text in it. So, this window will be printed on every page below the main window leaving no space between them.

Regarding the number of rows in a table, please explain it in detail. Do u mean that u need to print the number of rows that are being printed in the main window on that particular page or just the total number of rows in your internal table ? If you just want the total number of rows, then just before printing the static code, calculate the number of rows in your internal table & print it.

Reward points if the answer is helpful.

Regards,

Mukul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi wht u r doing now..

r u using table right? if yes ...

<b>in the table>Footer> outputoptions-->mention the footer with height(example 4 cm if want minimum footer heighe 4 cm)....</b>

ur probleb will be solved iam sure

if not relpy..

Please Close this thread.. when u r problem is solved

Reward if Helpful

Regards

Naresh Reddy K

Message was edited by:

Naresh Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi naresh,

i can define the total size for the footer but for that i have to know the height of each line type used in footer. plz tell me how can i define the height of the line types used in footer.

regards,

avijit