cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NLS_LANG not set appropriately ==> connection refused

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am getting the error below while installing SAP 4.7 E on windows 2000 advanced server with Oracle 8.1.7 .

E:\usr\sap\TEK\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe: START OF LOG: 20070119155338

E:\usr\sap\TEK\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe: sccsid @(#) $Id: //bas/620/src/R3ld/R3load/R3ldmain.c#5 $ SAP

E:\usr\sap\TEK\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe: version R6.20/V1.2

E:\usr\sap\TEK\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe -dbcodepage 1100 -i C:\SAPinst ORACLE KERNEL/SAPVIEW.cmd -l C:\SAPinst ORACLE KERNEL/SAPVIEW.log -stop_on_error

DbSl Trace: Got ORACLE_HOME=E:\oracle\ora81 from environment

DbSl Trace: Client NLS settings: AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8DEC

DbSl Trace: Logon as OPS$-user to get SAPTEK's password

DbSl Trace: Connecting as /@TEK on connection 0 ...

DbSl Trace: Attaching to DB Server TEK (con_hdl=0,svchp=011FE800,svrhp=011FE60C)

DbSl Trace: Starting user session (con_hdl=0,svchp=011FE800,srvhp=011FE60C,usrhp=0123F184)

DbSl Trace: OCI-call 'OCISessionBegin' failed: rc = 1017

DbSl Trace: CONNECT failed with sql error '1017'

DbSl Trace: Try to connect with default password

DbSl Trace: Connecting as SAPTEK/<pwd>@TEK on connection 0 ...

DbSl Trace: Starting user session (con_hdl=0,svchp=011FE800,srvhp=011FE60C,usrhp=0123F184)

DbSl Trace: Now I'm connected to ORACLE

DbSl Trace: Database NLS settings: AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1

DbSl Trace: NLS_LANG not set appropriately (DB installation requires AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1) ==> connection refused

(DB) ERROR: db_connect rc = 256

DbSl Trace: Already connected to TEK

(DB) ERROR: DbSlErrorMsg rc = 29

E:\usr\sap\TEK\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe: job finished with 1 error(s)

E:\usr\sap\TEK\SYS\exe\run/R3load.exe: END OF LOG: 20070119155338

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create Database Statement must use the same NLS_LANG settings as your SAPInst settings for the database import.

I looks very much like your sapinst settings are WE8DEC and for any reason you database was created using WE8ISO8859P1, which is not an SAP supported code page.

This will normaly only happen, if the database you are going to import the system to was not created using sapinst (may happen in MCOD - multiple components in one database - install into an existing database)

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter ,

Thanks a million for the answer .

First : The reason why i changed the NLS_LANG setting because i was unable to run SAPDBA and it was throwing an error that i should change my NLS_LANG settings to AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1

. When i started the central Instance SAP by default it created AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8DEC ... May be that caused the problem later on .

Second : If i have to create new Create Database Statement . How do i do this with same NLS_Settings .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harsh,

For changing the NLS_LANG for a new database created you will have to change the initialization parameter NLS_LANG. For this open the concerned pfile in text mode and edit the above parameter. After this recreate the spfile from this pfile.

Do this while the database is shut.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

the create database sql script is created by R3setup / SAPinst during the Database Instance Service.

NLS_LANG settings can be specified through SAPINST/R3setup user interface.

There is no other NLS_LANG supported than

AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8DEC or

AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8

regards

Peter

NLS_LANG has nothing to do with pfile or spfile...