cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED + web services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am receving the following run time error CX_AI_SYSTEM_FAULT, due to The reason for the exception is:

Error (id=SOAP:1.023): SRT: Processing error in Internet Communication

Framework: ("ICF Error when receiving the response:

ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED")

I am trying to access the web services, via my abap program..... and for that I have to create the virtual port for connection between the ABAP STACK and Internet ( web services)...

I have gone to scif, and then goto , port info, there for HTTP port was 8002, which I have assign as my virtual port for communication.... but still getting the same error...

Any idea, ??

Many thanks, and so nice of you...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

If I just execute the proxy client ( with out using my own code, ) then I recieve the following error:

Server was unable to process request. --> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Regards,

Shah.

PS ( Can i sent you in mail the WSDL link ) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I just tried the method for authentification, and it works fine for me too ?

Dont know why not other methods are working for me ?

Regards,

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shah,

Please check this

SAP Note 780577 - Error in the SOAP message handling and WSDL generation

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Thanks for your reply,

Actually I have created the proxies, and now I am trying to access the web services, ..... and then I recieve this exception ?

Did I gave the wronge port address..... Dont really know where the problem exits actually..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

I have check the note, and I guess its the 2nd point which is reason for the exception I am facing, :

<b>The second problem occurs when a Web Service Proxy is created in the ABAP back end from an XI message interface and the type of requests message in this

interface is the same as that of the responds message.</b>

Now it means actually I should not create any default port, however it is highlly recommanded in SAP docu to create the <b>proxy run time environment</b>. Any idea..... what and how I can fix this issue..

Regards,

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you find anything in SMICM.. check HTTP port number over there.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

Okey, I click over services, and there are those HTTP port which I declare while setting the proxy runtime environment.....

Message was edited by:

Shah H

Message was edited by:

Shah H

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you connect to internet via proxy? if yes did you set up proxy details in SICF?

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

Many thanks for your reply..... if you read my post then I am confident my problem will be solved ....

Actually I am using 7.0, and there I do not find any way to set the proxy settings in ICM.... however in sm59, I activate the proxy....

( before setting the proxy in sm59, I was getting the HTTP_FAILED error, but now I am getting the server not response error....)

Dont know how , and what to do now.... any tip ?

Regards,

Shah

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

proxy can be set up either from SICF or from Sm59.

if the server is not responding, then the problem is not with your code.

check independently in the browser by calling the wsdl of the webservice to see whether its working. if it works, then use some external tool to make sure that the webservice is working fine. (i use ms infopath for this)

if its a public webservice, give me the wsdl url, i will give it a try

Raja