Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Hint 611946, 647616 Main Storage Affinity

gfarmer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey

I would implement this Hints and have some Question.

Does anybody use this paramter's as4/memafn_level_strict = 1 , and had anyone Problem with WP access?

Did anyone use this Hints on a 830 System and is it usefull?

And what me confused in Hint 647616, is the Part of

SAP PROFILE SETTINGS - "Multiple Instances":

Does this mean , when i have more then 1 SAP Instance i cannot use the Main Storage Affinity?

Thanks in advance

Gerhard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gerhard,

we are currently changing this SAP hint in order to add the experience with the memory affinity parameters we had in past. So please wait a few days until the hint will be translated into English.

To give you a summary of our experience with Main Storage Affinity, I'd say that we (the SAP porting team for iSeries) strongly recommend not to touch the parameters memafn....- do not use them in your instance profile, accept the default values. More details can be found in the note during the upcoming days.

Best regards,

B. Wolf

gfarmer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey B.Wolf

As you mentioned for some weeks , the hints as desecribe above should be changed. Now i have done a look to the Hints and they have change Date begin January. Are they changes done or not?

Or better questions, is it now recommend to apply the hints 611946, 647616 for Main Storage Affinity

Lg.

Gerhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gerhard,

hint 611946 was never in our focus concerning Main Storage Affinity; hint 647616 was changed at 1/19/2007 according to our plans. The section "Recommendation by SAP" was changed and reflects our current opinion (and experience) how Main Storage Affinity should be used.

Best regards,

B. Wolf

Answers (0)