cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destination Service API - missing indirect class reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to use the destination service api as described in the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/17/d609b48ea5f748b47c0f32be265935/content.htm">documentation</a>, but Eclipse can't compile the code due to an indirectly referenced class called com.sap.security.core.server.util0.IDEException.

References to com.sap.exception, security.class and tc/sec/destination/interface have already been set. According to the documentation, there should also be a reference to tc/sec/destination/service, but I don't have such an option in the context menu "Add Additional Libraries".

So, where do I find the missing IDEException?

Best regards,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. The correct name of the service is "tcsecdestinations~service".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, it seems the problem came from a failure of Eclipse - there was nothing wrong with the references.

The fact that you don't have more libraries referenced than I have confused me, so I started a manual rebuild of the project. I never did this before, as usually Eclipse starts a rebuild automatically when a new library has been added. However, this time it did not.

Having rebuilt the project, everything looks fine for the moment.

As your answer somehow directed me to the solution, indeed, I gave you a "very helpful answer"

Best regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

The class com.sap.security.core.server.util0.IDEException is in library com.sap.exception. That's correct. Don't worry about that.

You have to add those 3 additional libraries to your EJB Project with the right-click over project option:

security.class

tc/sec/destination/interface

com.sap.exception.

You have to add 4 references in your application-j2ee-engine.xml: : 3 to those 3 libraries and another one to the service, which doesn't appear in the popup list. Type it manually. The correct name is "tcsecdestination~service" (not /), and reference target type is "service".

If this doesn't work, you can add to the 'java build path' of your EJB Project the libraries:

tc_sec_destinations_interface.jar

tc_sec_destinations_service.jar

... you can find them into the path of your server:

/usr/sap/<SID>/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/bin/interfaces

/usr/sap/<SID>/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/bin/service

(some people has had problem with correct versions)

If you are using DCs, you have to add those 3 libraries as Used DCs in your EJB Project. And set the 4 references in application-j2ee-engine.xml

Hope this helps you. Don't forget the reward points

Best regards.