cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Japanese text in Text element - Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am displaying Sales header text in a text element. I am working for Japanese client, I thought all the characters will be of 2 byte (japanese characters) and completed. The alignment is properly working for japanese characters. If few english characters or Numeric's available in the sentence the alignment is not working. I mean the data will be truncated during display.

Please suggest me the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to look at the paragraph format, sometimes, it won't take the data in bytes, just try to change the paragraph format and look at it

Regards

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

We are using DBGOTHIC (Standard DB Font Japan) as Font in paragraph format. So far we didn't get any problem with this.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ramesh,

i'll suggest u to this way... for the tesining purpos.... print the texts out side the TEMPLATE.... check whether it is printing as u expected or not...

I belieive the WIDTH of the template is not enough to print the Complete line...

Janpnees Characters may taking more width than normal Einglish characters...

once check as i mentioned above... if the TEMPLATE Width is the problem then increase the length to 19.5CM... or Print them out side the TEMPLATE then Adjust as per u t requirement.

Regards

Naresh Reddy.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

It is displayed in a different window. The length is sufficient.

I will explain how i created. I created a template in a window with width 18.00 CM. (Window width is 19.50.) The line type height is given as 2.50 CM and created text element under the template. Even if the value exceeds the width, data will be displayed in the next line automatically.

Currently when i execute , in the preview i am able to see 3 lines. If i take a print, all 3 lines are displaying on the page , but the right most 3 or 4 characters on each line were truncated. This is happening when the data is a combination of japanese , english or numeric characters.

I hope it is clear.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i thought u r using Template only.... that why it giving proble....

you can create temlate widthe 19.50cm also, (only the conditon is it sould not exceeds the the window widthe)..

Problem is the text which you are printing is not enough to print your text.

i thing i wanto ask here... u r displaying header text.. r u using READ_Text FM.

u will face another problem also, here u will get more than 3 lines if exist... in that case the remaining lins wont print..

looking forword u r reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

I am using READ_TEXT FM to get the header text. It wont exceed more than 3 lines(got confirmation from Client) . I am concatenating all the data and displaying. All the 3 lines will be displayed but only the right most characters are missing in each line. This is happening only when the text is a combination of Japanese text, English text or Numeric values.

I hope now it is clear.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

whre u r displaying in the main window or another window,

may be the length is not enough to print the text in that window....