cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not connected to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am connecting r/3 system from XI from Import objects to import IDocs. But it is not connecting to R/3 system. I given System , client, application server name and system number.

I am getting this error message:

-

Unable to establish connection to R/3 system MyR3Sys(system=00, client=240) Troubleshooting tips:

Is the target system online?

Check the connection data (note that server names and groups are case-sensitive)

Tips for administrators (see the configuration guide for more details):

Does the user have the required authorizations in the target system?

Is the target system configured correctly in "etc/services"?

-

Our R/3 and XI are running in Unix system.

regards,

Ansar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the user have the required authorizations in the target system R/# system and also check whether the R/3 Is Executing. If all are correct Try to kill the session and try to log in again.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansar,

As Vijay has already suggested, try giving the user id and password in UPPER CASE. When i once had this problem, this was the solution for it. I know it sounds strange.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansar,

Follow this :-

In your XI Server open the file /etc/services and add these 2 lines

sapgw<xx> 33<xx>/tcp #SAP Gateway Port for <SAP R/3 system>

sapms<SID> 3600/tcp

Where xx is the gateway No. of SAP R/3 (Most of the time it is same as System No.of R/3)

And 'SID means System ID of your SAP R/3 system

Now while importing Idoc follow this

1. IP address is preferable over the Name of the SAP R/3 host

2. Always use UserId and Password in CAPS

3. Make sure that UserID you are entering has the access to create Idocs in R/3 system (Confirm with your basis).Otherwise you will face problem during XI ---> R/3 scenario

Bipin

~

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansar,

Plz check whether the imported objects u r trying is under the same name space, i mean to say jst cross check whether u hv chosen the option of "Import of RFC and IDOC interfaces from SAP system permited" while creating the name space.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My XI is version PI 7.0 and R/3 system 4.7 ..... Is there any issues with this?

regards,

Ansar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Override system data and use the IP adress of the server.

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether ur R/3 system for that specific client is running. It may so happen that there must be some problem logging into ur R/3 system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please can you try giving your password in upper case and see if you are able to login

Also use a user id and password with SAP All so you will no its not a authorization issue.

Also check on this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2b/a48f3c685bc358e10000000a11405a/content.htm

Regards

Vijaya

Message was edited by:

vijaya kumari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansar,

Check whether ur R/3 system is up and running!

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes my r/3 is up.

User id and pwd is correct.... but error is coming...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

plz check whether ur user is having sufficient authorization or not! also check RFC connections.

regards