cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For a single Application Server how many users it can support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

For a single Application Server how many users it can support.

for a single dialog WP how many users it can support. and for a single application server how many dialog WP we can assign using RZ10.

Regards

SNB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have few more queries:

DVEBMGS

Dialog

Update

enque

Background

spool

for each process how much memory it occupies. Pleas Guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

depends on the transaction.

Most of the memory (see transaction ST02) is shared memory and used by all work processes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the number of users an application server can support depends on:

- number of cpus

- size of RAM

- resource consumption of the transactions the users are going to run

- the activity of your users (how often will they run which transaction)

- 32/64 Bit operating system

- the hardware architecture (on numa architectures its sometimes better to run one application server per numa node)

the range reachs from several (about 10-20) to several thousand users.

regards

Peter

PS: I know that this answer is not satisfying. sizing of SAP System landscapes is task of the hardware vendors who have the necessary numbers and experience for this task.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

depending up on system configration we can have upto 70 odd dialog work process which can support upto 200-300 user.

at a time one dialog work process can do one task but you can have 1:5 ratio b/w workprocess and users

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Every thing depending on system resources.If you have more system resources like HARDDISK,RAM,CPU. you can configure the more dilogprocess and users.

Each workprocess can occupy 75 to 150 mb.

i hope it will help you.

kiran kumar.v

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no definite answer to this, it depends on the system capacity, the RAM size, the CPU count and other server specifications.

I dialog process processes dialog steps for mutliple users using multi-tasking and user context switch. In simple terms it depends on what kind of transactions are being executed by the user.

Check these links for Sample configurations.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/77/a8dabbdd0b11d2ac8f0000e83539c3/frameset.htm

Regards,

Siddhesh