cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add SWCV to a already-existed Product?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I assign a SWCV to a already-existed Product in SLD?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create a Software Component , you assign an already created product to the Software Component!

There should be no issue in it technically, but, in the end it all boils down to the strucutring of your SLD components.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh, do you mean that a SWCV can only assign to one Product?

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/1c/bca99c220c0e45a1cae3c4cccf4346/frameset.htm">Component Model</a>

Products – these are the overlapping selections of software components. One software component can be part of several products.

Isn't the SWCV in XI follow the concept of Component Modeling?

Sandro, sorry that I didn't make myself clear, what I want to know is, can I assign a existed SWCV to a exsisted Product?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have assigned a software component to one product then you cannot assign it to another product...

In other words, one software component can be assigned to only one product.

Regards,

Abhy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I must admit that the link you have posted has me confused me as well.

The way I have known things so far was this,

<i>When creating my Software Component, you associate the corresponding product with the Software Component . And there is not the option of slecting multiple products!</i>

Technically in the SLD, it is poissible that a Software Component can be associated with only one Product, and so, am now wondering what the Compoent Model link actually implies as well.!

Regards

Bhavesh

AaronLong
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Not possible in SLD. But you can maintain in the dependencies.

P.S. relationship of product and SWCV

Product(0..1)<--

(*)Product Version(1)<
()Software Feature()<

()Software Component Version()<
--

(0..1)Software Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, all.

Aaron, can you give me some links introducing the relationships between these dependencies?

What is Software Feature?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YiNing,

Go to the <b>SLD page</b> -> Click on <b>Software Catalog</b> -> select <b>Software Type</b> as <b>Software Components</b> from the drop down list -> Click on <b>New Component</b> -> Now select the already-existed <b>Product</b> from the drop down list and provide information about Vedor,Name of SWCV and Version in the 3 boxes provided below.

This will create a SWCV within a existing Product.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the SLD when you create a SCV, you have to assign it to a ProductVersion.

The SLD does not allow you to create a SCV without assigning it to PRDV.

another way of looking at the PRDV-SCV relationship.

PRD--(1-n)>PRDV(1-n)>SC(1-n)-->SCV

1 SCV belongs to 1 PRDV

1 PRDV can have lots of SCV

kind regards,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating a s/w component u associate it with a product which is unique. later u cannot associate this s/w component with some other product. But surely u can create dependency between two s/w components which belong to diffrent products.

Former Member
0 Kudos

from the SLD page (http://host:port/sld/index.jsp), choose software catalogue, then choose software type as "software components", then click on new component button , then you can assign it to the already existed product.