cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPGRADING SPAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone let me know whether it is mandatory to <b>upgrade</b> the <b>SPAM</b> in the sequence or i can directly upgrade it with the <b>latest version</b> i.e <b>SAPKD64020</b> or <b>SAPKD64022</b>.

I will be pleased if you can help me out with the <b>upgrading procedure</b> followed for <b>SPAM</b>.

Thanks

Gopi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For <b>SPAM</b> upgrade we no need to fallow sequence.YOU can upgrade with the latest version.

Upgrading SPAM procedure.

First download the spam latest version in TRANS Directory.

Login to system with 000 client user like DDIC.

Check the size of the file.It it is lessthan 10 mb apply from front end and if it is greater than 10 mb apply through application server.(spam KD file always lessthan 10mb)

Uncar the file if its greater than 10mb.Uncar procedure goto CMD SPECIFY the path of trans diretory type <b>SAPCAR -XVF filename</b>.

Goto spam in main menu <b>suport package->loadpackage->from front end\application server</b>.

After that goto <b>supportpackage->import spam\saint update</b>.And conform it.

i hope it will help you.

kiran kumar.v

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gopi,

there is no need to upgrade step by step for spam so you can directly upgrade to 22.

since the file is smal you can upload using front end

goto spam

load packages-> from front end(no need to uncan and place in trans directory)

then select upgrade SPAM/SAINT

if any problem occur just come out and again goto SPAM it will be solved

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is neccesary to check which support you are installating as recommeds the corresponding SPAM for their SP release and if ur system is lacking that then the new SP will no be installed.

Pls check OSS notes and you will find loads of details on this

Cheers

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopi,

Yes, there is no need to follow the sequence for SPAM Upgrade, you can directly upgrade it from 20 to 22.

Thanks,

Avinash