cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to install Netweaver ABAP version...

aris_hidalgo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am currently trying to install the said edition but when I double click the setup(installshield wizard) there is an error saying: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: run Exception in thread "main". What is the problem here? any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i got the same message.

Please go to this link and install the actual java version:

http://www.java.com/de/download/windows_ie.jsp

After the installation your system will be verify and you get the message that your installation is the newest.

Then you must start the Trial installation again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also got this message.

I've installed the actual version of java following the link.

I set two user variables: JAVA_HOME and SAPINST_JRE_HOME pointing to the directory E:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03.

After rebooting the system I tried to install but I got this error message again.

What is wrong? Can anybody help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you verify that the following file exists in your machine?

E:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\java.exe

Thanks,

Prakash.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I checked my machine - and the file java.exe exists as the install procedure worked properly I think.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bernard

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Once again, for the SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version, absolutely NO Java installation is required. There was an old installation, which was using Sapinst and therefore needed a present Java installation.

The newer installation packages bring their own JRE and will NEVER use any other version that exists on the machine.

So, I would propose to download the newest version, which is SP12 and install it. If the same message appears again, it has nothing to do with any existing Java installation. There must be another issue.

Kind regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Klaus,

the first time I got this error while installing from a DVD. Then, I've downloaded the newest version as suggested in the forum and tried to install this version but the same error occured.

To install this new version I used a "start.exe" file which came from SAP. Could it be possible that I got a wrong version?

Kind regards,

Bernard

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bernard,

Actually, the newest version does not have a "start.exe". There is a "start.htm" that leads you to the installation pages. The first page will show you the SP level of the ABAP Application Server, the newest one is SP 12. Alternatively, you could start the installation from "SAPNW7.0ABAPTrialSP12\image\setup.exe". The path starts from the directory, you extracted the archive into.

Regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Klaus,

thanks for your assistance. Now, I understand what was wrong. I used the "start.htm" and clicked on the link Installer which show the message where to store the file "setup.exe" (I was wrong with name "start.exe"). And I stored it on the desktop folder from I open this file. And if I do so, I'll get the message as posted before.

Regards,

Bernard

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

aris_hidalgo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again experts,

I tried creating JAVA_HOME in the environment variables but it still has the same problem. Thanks!

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

How about the variable SAPINST_JRE_HOME, set it to the jre installed on your machine.

For example, for me, it is set as...

SAPINST_JRE_HOME C:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\jre

Regards,

Rich Heilman

aris_hidalgo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

I tried your suggestion but it still doesnt work. My SDK is j2sdk1.4.2_09 and for jre it is j2re-1_4_2_09. I tried creating the JAVA_HOME and SAPINST_JRE_HOME variables and their corresponding values but it is still not working. Thanks again!

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Did you reboot after adding the second variable?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

aris_hidalgo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again Rich,

Yes, I tried rebooting my pc but the same error pops up. I also tried using different versions of JDK and JRE but it is still the same.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hmmmm.... just checking, the jsdk fold is directly under c:/ right?

c:j2sdk1.4.2_09

Regards,

Rich Heilman

aris_hidalgo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup and the jre folder is located inside the j2sdk1.4.2_09 folder.

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version are you trying to install?

The "Full ABAP Edition-Trial (with Web Dynpro for ABAP!)" 2004s doesn't need any Java jre or sdk.

Have you any running virus protection? Perhaps you try to switch of firewall and virus protection software while running the installer.

Kind regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you forgot to set environment variables for JAVA.

Try to set environment varaibles.

Goto my computer right click->properties->advance->environment variable.

Here go to <b>uservaribles</b> press <b>new</b> you will get a popup with two fields.

Variable name:JAVA_HOME

Variable value:where u install java that path u should give.

For run SETUP we required java executables.

i hope it will help you.

kiran kumar.v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Java version, min should be 1.4.2 SP 9

Set the env.variable in OS for JAVA_HOME

Reboot system and start again.

Thanks,

AKL

Reward full pts, if helpful, let us know if any issue.