cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an SAP system exchanging data with an ftp server.

RFC from the SAP system gives Advanced Shipment Notice(ASN) as the output.

It gives header items in one table and line itmes in another table. The key between the header and line items is the shipment ID.

Each header item can have N line items.

Our goal is to create a separate file for each of the header items.

The above file is an xml file has one header item and the corresponding line items.

Can any one help me with this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The idea here is , u need to split the RFC data into 2 files ?

In XI, you can split the RFC message into multiple messages and create 2 files.

Option of Spliting files without BPM u can use here .

Rgds.

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this can also be attained using Graphical mapping. One can use Global containers and advanced user defined functions to achieve this.

On making N separate files, yo can make your target message as '1..unbounded'.

This 1:N mapping can be done without BPM from SP14 onwards i think.

Go thro the following blogs:

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Very relevant to your scenario: /people/claus.wallacher/blog/2006/06/29/message-splitting-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

While configuring the file adapter make sure that you dont give a static name or atleast you need to add timestamp option selected.

Regards,

P.Venkat

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also mail me at mailprabhu@gmail.com for i can fwd u doc on SAX parsers for java mapping in xi

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Naveen

Understanding that you need to create a separate file for the header and it corresponding line item , you can very well using Java mapping (SAX / DOM parsers). Below link can be used as a reference:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e2/e13fcd80fe47768df001a558ed10b6/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e2/e13fcd80fe47768df001a558ed10b6/frameset.htm</a>

<a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/14/sending-java-code-as-payload-to-do-mapping-in-xi:///people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/14/sending-java-code-as-payload-to-do-mapping-in-xi

Also there are couple of howto guides readily available over the net. pls cehck that as those will be very usefull for a quick start.

Thkx

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

You need to go for JAVA or ABAP mapping for this. We faced a scenario similar to this andwe had to resot to JAVA mapping for achieving the desired result.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai,

Could please give me some more input reg this.

-reg,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Check this link

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

and

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/configuring-generic-sender-file-cc-adapter

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

Hope they help to fix your issue

Regards