Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUCOMP Company Address

Former Member
0 Kudos

What functionality does "Company Address" drive?

Is it only used on the User Record (SU01)? Is it tied to any business functions? Does it drive any reporting? Can you point me to any documentation that explains it's purpose in more detail?

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Thank you very much for the replies. I think I could call this question answered if I knew one last thing:

Is this company data used by any business people in any business functions (like HR or Finance -> Financial Reporting, Organizational Reporting etc). Or is this strictly user-level data for user assignment purposes only?

Thank you again for the help thus far.

John Klaassen

Haworth, Inc.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Company address field wolud allow you to store Company name and city of the company for that perticular user. This field can be found in table: USER_ADDRS bearing field name MC_NAME1 (Company Name) MC_CITY1 (city of the company) which will allow you drag a report based on those details.

Hope your question is answered.

Plz reward points if it satisfies your requirement.

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI John,

1) When a company address is assigned to a user in transaction SU01 (on the "Address" tab), the time zone of the company address is copied to the "Personal time zone" screen field on the "Fixed values" tab.

Technical information:

The USLOGOND-TZONE data field, which continues to be dealt with in the ADDRESS_IMP_SUBSCREEN_PAI (Include LSUU5F01) form routine, is used in the program. When you save, the time zone is stored in the TZONE database field of the USR02 table.

2) If the user already had another time zone, a dialog box appears; here you must decide whether the user time zone should be adjusted to the time zone of the company address.

This field value can be changed at any time if the user has to be assigned to another time zone.

The user no longer has a time zone assignment after the time zone is deleted on the "Fixed values" tab. The time zone of the company address is therefore entered in the "Personal time zone" screen field when transaction SU01 is called again. As a result, you do not see that no time zone was entered for the user!

If you go to change mode directly, the time zone of the company address is transferred as a personal setting when the user is saved.

The system behaves differently if you change from display mode to change mode. The personal settings of the user are therefore considered and an empty field now appears as a result. Saving the user does not cause the time zone of the company address to be transferred as a personal setting.

3) Central user administration

If the company address is maintained from user maintenance Transaction SU01 via the menu option "Environment" -> "Maintain co. address" (Transaction SUCOMP), distribution does not work in the child systems.

If the address is created from the maintenance screen tab page 'Address' via the function key 'Assign new company address' it is also distributed.

For further info Please check these links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/e6/1e317ab7b311d3b54f006094192fe3/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/14/ee02d8c27e11d2a1e0080009d6dc5a/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/6c/69c64f418d11d1896e0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/12/ad79975c5811d3b4ea006094192fe3/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Shyam

Message was edited by:

shyam thamadapalli

Former Member

Thank you very much for the replies. I think I could call this question answered if I knew one last thing:

Is this company data used by any business people in any business functions (like HR or Finance -> Financial Reporting, Organizational Reporting etc). Or is this strictly user-level data for user assignment purposes only?

Thank you again for the help thus far.

John Klaassen

Haworth, Inc.

0 Kudos

I had the same Query some time ago and had doubts, but settled down for the answer that it is strictly used for user management. Technically the table data used in SU01 had relations to forms in HR module ..but as since we dont use it on our project as on date, its only user data ....

As generally the company address data is maintained seperately which becomes visible in Invoices, Address lists etc etc

Hope it helps.

Br,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers

0 Kudos

Just so that I am clearly understanding your response: SUCOMP data is not used at all by any business function module. Company information for functional modules is stored separately within the functional module(s) themselves. Correct?

If so, I will close this thread.

0 Kudos

Yes John. thats correct..

Br,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I know it is an old tread but I need to change the company name and have all the users information adjusted at the same time.

For now, I tried to rename the company but that has no effect on the users information. The old company name is still in place when I am looking to a user through SU01.

How can I change all the users company assignment to a new company name?

Regards