cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Manager with Microsoft ISA Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello forum, I need help with the connection of program SAP DOWNLOAD MANAGER with ISA Server 2004

I've installed JAVA 1_4_2_13 and Download Manager, I configured the setting with the proxy connection (server ISA, user and pass)

but an error appears:

The basket content could not be read. The following exception occurred:

Unable to read data from the Service Marketplace: Check your settings and try again

In my ISA server I declared the form my IP to Internet permit all traffic out.

Somebody help me ??? what do I have to configure in my ISA Server to permit the connection?

Thanks.

Costa Gustavo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Costa,

have you already checked that your insert OSS User is working fine (http://service.sap.com). If yes. We had nearly the same problem. We need a seperat user and password for connection to the internet.

After we changed this to get a connection to the internet without user and password the download manager was able to connect to SAP download basket.

best regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas, I can not resolve the problem, do you have a Proxy with Microsoft ISA Server to access to internet?

My proxy ISA server requeried autentication of my domain user.

My user of OSS is ok. I connect to the service.sap.com

I compete the SAP DOWNLOAD MANAGER with

http://service.sap.com

user OSS

pass user oss

and the all detalis of my Proxy Server

Host proxy: proxyisa

User: domain\user

pass: xxxxxx

can you help me?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

is it possible for you to connect to the internet without user and password, perhaps over another Proxy ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, no Andreas, I haven't another proxy, in my company now all proxy server are Microsoft ISA Server 2004 or 2006 with autentication user and pass.

I will continue searching the solution.

Thanks very much.

Costa Gustavo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo,

Were you able to connect using download manager? I am also having the same trouble as yours.

Read in a SAP Note that download manager cannot use NTLM authentication but still have seen places where people have connected with NTLM authentication.

Maybe can try a different JRE version?

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram, I solved the problem with download manager.

First my PC don't use as default gateway the ISA Server, I've another default gateway for my LAN.

Is it the problem because my PC never contact directly to SAP, I could solved this problem if my PC can contact directly the IP of SAP.

You will can set in your PC the gateway of ISA server and public DNS to contact SAP directly

For example:

I've default gateway 192.168.0.1 for my LAN

My ISA server to internet is 192.168.0.9

Public DNS : (My ISP) 200.0.1.1

In your ISA server you can set a policy from your PC to External for all user with all traffic permit.

You try set in your PC the following:

Default gateway: 192.168.0.9

DNS: 200.0.1.1

I hope this can resolve your problem

Regards.

Costa Gustavo

SAP BASIS.

Answers (0)