cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing data from a Store Procedure in a iview to a WAD template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a store procedure in my vc model and I need to pass/filter data to a WAD template that contains a query and report.

Any suggestions of how to do it?

I tried to use the signal out in my iview to send to the WAD template but it's not working.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

I had similar tasks this weeks. I should pass variables to a WAD Template. Therefore you can use the Web API. You have to concatenate the URL of the WAD Template with the parameters (as it is described in the Web API Documentation).

It's very easy.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel

Where do I find this documentation, is it a How to guide?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

you can download it from the service market place, search for "WEB API REFERENCE".

<a href="https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700001710932004E">Web API Reference for 3.5</a>

Then you have to use the Command URLs.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a little note to keep in mind: this functionality is deprecated. It still works on BI 7.0, but we never know when it is gone. So with a future release update Michelle might have to adapt her model to a new API.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the new API?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's called BICS (BI Consumer Services). The BEx already uses that internally, the next version of the VC will be based on it, but I think there is not yet much documentation or material out there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I want to use the new WEB API now it's not available?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to insert the values for the filter using the WEB API reference but it didn't work.

I inserted in the button in my vc model that calls my web template.

This is my cenario, the field that comes out of my procedure is called Profit_Center_Number, the characteristic in the query is called 0PROJECT_0PROFIT_CTR.

I need to get the result from my store procedure and pass to the WAD template that contains the query with the 0PROJECT_0PROFIT_CTR.

Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the string that you put into the WEB API field?

The syntax (depending on your objects) should be similar to something like this:

'FILTER_IOBJNM=0MATERIAL;FILTER_VALUE='&@Product_key&'

You have to look what you IO is. Is it a nav attribute (looks like). Then you have to figure out how to filter on that. It might not be possible.

Also try under SE37 the module RS_VC_GET_QUERY_

VIEW_DATA_FLAT, whether your parameters are correct. This helps you to figure out, if your command is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

do you anything, which release have the new API (BICS)?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

BI 7.0 (NW04s)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

this new API is implemented in the NW04s BI? Then there must be some documents available. The Web API I used with a WAD Template on a 3.5 system.

Then I can check the new API (BICS) with our NW04s system.

Thx for the answer. I think I can write a blog about it, if I have tested it.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any body provide me documents on BICS? I have one requirement where I need to use BICS with Java.

Thanks

lshriva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried this?

How to Integrate Visual Composer Applications and BEx Web Templates

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ad182ac7-0a01-0010-4fb8-8a4...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I''ve tried, but I'm not using a query as an entry list but a store procedure, and it doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions?