cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Utilities landscape?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We want to install the SAP IS-Utilities in order to make some tests with our GIS products. I was reading in the Master Guide for IS-U the required components and software for the installation and I got confused. I read that depending on the business scenarios you could need a SAP CRM or SAP SCM system...but is it required to install different servers for the ERP 2005 and Netweaver 2004s? The landscape of the master guide is pretty complex and we just need a test system.

I would like to know the minimum landscape required for running our IS-U test system, if possible in one server.

Thank you for your help.

Jessica.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jessica

It depends on the scenario you are implementing your GIS Solution.

For example in our scenario of IS - Utilities landscape we have ECC, Portals, CRM 5.0 and BW. I guess SCM may not be an option.

You may have to discuss with the functional consultant regarding the scope.

Thanks

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer, let's say we need to install the "Auditing" scenario (a simple one)... Do we have to install (according to the master guide IS-U) one instance with ECC 2005 and another one with Netweaver 2004s (BI) ? Can we use the same server for both instances or they require different servers? Again, is just for testing purposes.

Thank you!

Jessica.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In theory you could configure NW 2004s BI in a different client than the ECC 2005 install client. Then these two clients could communicate at the RFC level/Logical System level. Even then SAP does not recommend have NW2004s BI and ECC 2005 in one system. But again the ultimate decision is with the customer !!!!

Thanks

Jay

Answers (0)