cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

logoffURL property - does it work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What for is the sap.logoffURL - standard application property?

Documentation states that after presing (Alt Gr + Shift + L) navigation should move to the URL, but it doesn't work (at least on my laptop) neither in Mozzilla nor IE

I hoped the navigation would move to that URL after expirationTime but it doesn't work that way either.

regards,

Przemyslaw Studencki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Przemyslaw

If you create a logOff button by explicity attaching it to an action which has the code .

WDClientUser.forceLogoffClientUser()

It will then take you to the page defined in sap.logoffURL

property

This does not seem to override the page that you see on session expiry.

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just to add a few line over Pran's comment. This method WDClientUser.forceLogoffClientUser() takes a String param for the destination url of the log off page. If you provide this url and also set the sap.logoffURL property of ur application, the parameter value will take precedence. If you want to use the sap.logoffURL property value pass a blank string. If for the whole J2EE engine you want to have a default log off page (independent of applications) the you can set it thru' visual admin. You have to go to Server-> Services -> Configuration Adapter -> webdynpro-> sap.com -> tcwddispwda and then open the Propertysheet.default file to set the sap.logoffURL property there.

Regards,

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubhadip

Whatever I did the logoff never redirected to url specified in the method.

Any clues

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran,

But for me it worked properly in the very first time. I just created a button and written the line of code you provided. First with an URL and then with a blank string. The application property url was shown in the later case. I am using WAS SP11. Don’t know whether there is any bug in previous versions or not. I will try the same in SneakPreview SP9 also, and let you know. But just now .. No clue

Regards,

Shubhadip