cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get what you see?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

since Web dynpro is now categorized as the Group 1 UI technology inside SAP, I am wondering if there is now more man-power to be put into the Layout editor area: it would be super great if we really can get what we see in the layout editor, right? What I am currently experiencing is it looks perfect in the layout editor, but once you make your effort to build and deploy on a server, you get a messed-up UI! It's quite painful to have to go through the endless "change -> build -> deploy" cycles to see what the UI really looks like...

So is there such activity for "you get what you see" planned?

Kind regards,

Ge

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My personal experience with the layout editor in releases <=NW04s was quite the opposite: I could never see at designtime what I wanted to have at runtime.

For this reason I "initiated" to completely reimplement the designtime rendering. This will be available with the next major release of NWDS.

The new designtime rendering reuses large portions of the HTML client rendering and thus provides a real WYSIWYG. Apart from that, there are lots of new functionalities and enhancements in the UI.

For example, you can switch themes, locales, render in different external browsers, use DDIC information...

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

That sounds really great! cannot wait to try the new NWDS.... Hope don't have to wait too long...

Ge

Former Member
0 Kudos

As soon as it will be officially released, I want to write an article about it.

Armin

Answers (0)