cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line up field in SAPScrip

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got a SAPScript to work (I was having a lot of trouble with it) but the values do not line up with the headings. How can I get them to line up? I inserted one field and one heading and they line up as well as the next two values. However, after those next two the values and headings do not line up anymore. Is there something that I am missing?

Regards,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to do this from the paragraph format, then do write the perfect tab positions, i mean

1. 5

2. 10

3. 15

4. 20

First it will start printing from 5th and the second one will start from 10th and the 3rd one will start from the 15th and so on

or else, if you want to default length, then use

&FIELD1&,,&FIELD2&,,&FIELD3&,,&FIELD4&

here the 2 commas(,,) will take the tab position

Regards

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all who helped me. I have learned more about SAPScript doing this one project than I thought I would. Once I understood the SAP concept of tabs it went very smooth. Thanks again for all of your help; it is more than appreciated!

Thanks again,

Aaron

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

I believe u need to use paragraph formats with tab specified.

Create a pragraph format and click on tabs button... and specify the number of tabs as per ur lenghth of the field.

for ex: matnr takes 18 characters so..

............ ( matnr)

tab 1: 19 ( vendor)

tab 2: 30 ( matkl)

output gives as..

Matnr Vendor Matkl

to specify this tabs in script u need to use ,, ( two commas between fields)

Regards

CNU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

So do the tabs start from the beginning or from the previous tab? For example, if I have

1. 7

2. 7

Does the first tab starts 7 from the left edge but does the second tab start 7 from the left edge or 7 from tab 2? I have been messing with the tabs and I'm so close but there is one tab stop that is giving me trouble.

Thanks,

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

tab starts with from where u specified ( ,, ) in script editor.

like...

tabs position

1 10 ( x )

2 15 ( y)

3 30 (z)

in script Command editor...

case 1:

&x&,,&y&,,&z&

output:

1st posotion 10th position 15th position

10x 15 y 30z

case 2:

,,&x&,,&y&,,&z&

10th position 15th position 30th position

10x 15y 30z

it depends on where the tab symbol ( ,, ) is specified there it takes as tab. first ,, fitst tab.. second ,, means second tab.

if u have so many fields..and need to be placed in 1 line.. then u can change the number of characters per line in header data --> basic settings there font size and characters per Inch field.

Hope it is clear...

Regards

CNU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

Check Tab values in Paragraphs of Heading & line items.

Ashven