cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illeagal Argument Exception while fetching data from RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am getting the below mentioned error while i am populating a table from the data that is coming from backend through RFC.

Can anyone suggest me how to get rid of it ?

<b>Error :</b>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdTypeBinary.format(DdTypeBinary.java:60)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.data.DataContainer.doFormat(DataContainer.java:1402)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.data.DataContainer.getAndFormat(DataContainer.java:1092)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.data.DataContainer.getAndFormat(DataContainer.java:1064)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.impl.TextView.getText(TextView.java:907)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.uradapter.TextViewAdapter$TextViewProxy.getText(TextViewAdapter.java:765)

at com.sap.tc.ur.renderer.ie6.TextViewRenderer.render(TextViewRenderer.java:48)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur

It seems you are trying to show Binary attribute from RFC model in your table. Check types of attributes in the model and avoid binding Binary attributes to TextView controls.

BR

Sergei

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting this error in the following scenario.

I want to save the text fields from an interactive form to SAP through RFC enabled function module. The type in the model and controller is byte[]. I have converted the string attribute from view to save to the model. But the dictionary (model) has this type as Binary. I am going nuts since 3 days due to this.

Pl help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply !!

I tried removing binary types from my table & now the data is being displayed.

But if I want to show them anyhow, then how to proceed...?

I need to show them in an Input field.

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankur

If you need to display Binary field somehow then you can do the following:

- create new calculated attribute as String in the node to which your table is bound

- in the getter-method for the new attribute get Binary value from the backend attribute, format the value somehow according to your need and return value as String here.

- in the setter-method for the new attribute convert string value from input field and set it as Binary to the backend attribute

- bind your table's cell editor to the new attribute instead of back-end attribute

BR

Sergei

Message was edited by:

Siarhei Pisarenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The exception says, its trying to format a table field whose datatype is binary. Check the datatype of the field in the variable. If its binary,since it cannot be "displayed" in a table cell, unmap it in the table.

Thanks,

Rajit S