cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidation/cleansing of Partners Master Data w/o using SAP MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have been asked to make a Partners Master Data consolidation/cleansing in a very heterogenuous environment where several different legacy systems run, each of them with its own structures and usage of Master Data. Even if several new SAP systems are going to be implemented there is no intent to install and use SAP MDM solution (as it is too costly for that customer). Have anyone of you an idea how to solve this task with an exploitation of combination of other parts of mySAP BS, e.g. CRM, XI, BW etc. ? Have you any experience, for instance, in using CRM Business Partner Management (along with XI) as a central point for stotage and maintenace of Partner Master Data and as a source of cleansed MD for all other targed legacy systems ? Or any other solution ?

Many thanx in advance.

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

In case , when you are undergoing data transfer with multiple client systems such as CRM or BW then you should use the "<b>Remote key</b> " to maintain the client nomenclature in addition to what you said

"how to solve this task with an exploitation of combination of other parts of mySAP BS, e.g. CRM, XI, BW etc. ?"

Remote key is just a client identifier which is used to synchronize data between MDM and different client systems.Hope you will be knowing the concept of remote key.

Now after applying remote key ,you can undergo data cleansing using de-duplication.In case even if you merge the data from different client systems ,the Remote keys will be preserved and will get appended to the merged record.

Hope it will help you.Revert me further queries ,if any.

<b>Please remark if it really helped you.</b>

Thanks,

<b>Shiv Prashant Dixit</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

I must apologize for my unclear explanation of our issue.

The situation is like that:

- several legacy systems with their own Master Data

- no SAP MDM system in place (and it is not intended to install it in the future)

- a requirement of consolidating and cleansing Partner Master Data that reside in those legacy systems in one target central place which should serve also as the source system of consolidated PMD for those legacy systems.

Is there any possibility to use other SAP systems (e.g. CRM, BW, XI etc., which are available) in ceratin cooperation to solve this task ?

I can depict the task - accordingly to a another thread in this forum - as follows:

legacy -> [SAP Appl. (e.g. XI)] -> SAP Appl. (e.g. CRM) -> [SAP Appl.] -> legacy

I hope I have been more clear now.

Many thanks in advance.

BR

Jan

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got your view,But sorry i think MDM can perform data duplication in a better manner.I am having no idea about other systems.Sorry for that.

Thanks,

shiv prashant dixit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

many thanks for your answers although they do not solve my task.

Have a good times.

BR

Jan Liskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

I guess we are on same boat.

We have master data in legacy systems. No MDM . No XI.

We plan to use ETL instead.

The data from legacy will first be pulled into DataWarehouse. From there, through an ETL operation, the data will be fetched into SAP CRM db.

I shall be glad if you could provide some more insight on this landscape.

Best rgds,

Ak-