cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC error not shown in SMXB_MONI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using the RFC adapter as a receiver to send data to an R/3 system and I have deliberately caused an error in the scenario for testing purposes: I'm trying to send the data to a non-existing RFC destination.

When I look at the adapter monitoring in the RWB, I see the expected error there alright. But when I look in the transaction SXMB_MONI, the flags are all black & white, saying that no errors occurred.

I've tested the same scenario with an HTTP adapter instead of an RFC, and then the red flag appeared in SXMB_MONI as expected.

Why is the error from the adapter engine not forwarded to the integration engine when I'm using an RFC adapter?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Iddo,

The error occured when the message was passed successfully from the Integration Engine to the Adapter Engine inside the adapter engine.

The message is successful in the Integration Engine as it has been passed to the adapter engine and that is why you see the chequered flag in MONI.

In the case of the HTTP adapter , the HTTP adapter is a part ofthe ABAP stack / Integration Engine and that is why you see the error in MONI itself.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. I want to configure the Alert Inbox of the RWB (I already figured out how to manage that) and receive an email in case something is going wrong in my scenario. Because the RFC adapter error is not displayed in SXMB_MONI I assume that is the reason why I'm not seeing any error in the alert inbox.

Can you help me getting an alert in the RWB alert inbox when the RFC message can not be delivered and thus the RFC adapter throws an error?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm..

Which SP are you on? Adapter Engine Alerts can be triggered only if you are SP 14 and above on XI 3.0 and SP 5 or above on PI 7.0 .

Can you confirm you patch level?

If you are on these patch levels or above and not getting alerts, what is the alert rule that you have defined?

1.If you have some condiiton make it * everywhere and try the same and check if alerts are triggered.

2. If still no sucess, make everything * --> and in where did the error occur make it " Adapter Engine --> RFC adapter " and check if the alert is triggered.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm on SP 17 and using XI 3.0. I have prepared a screenshot at http://www.xs4all.nl/~iddor/xi.jpg

I am getting alerts when I made the mapping step result in an error, so the interfaces and services are correctly configured.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is solved when I set everything as you suggested. Thanks again for your help.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Iddo,

Can you let me know how exactly the issue was resolved?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I kept the sender service, sender interface and receiver service as shown on http://www.xs4all.nl/~iddor/xi.jpg , but put a '*' in for the receiver interface.

That still didn't do the trick, so I marked the Radio Button next to Adapter Engine and choose to monitor the RFC adapter and from that moment on my RFC error appeared in the Alert Inbox.

I still find it odd that when you make no restrictions on the errors you don't receive an alert for every error.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Iddo,

First thanks for the update!

Have seen the same issue in multiple threads and this looks like a bug to me as No Restriction should actually do the trick.

If you on a client side, maybe an OSS can give a better idea as to why this is happening.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (0)