Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to pass date parameter from one page to other in BSP application

former_member715991
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

In my BSP application i have taken an input field and made its type "date" and its value also of type date and have set showhelp .

Now once a particular date is given as an input i want to pass its value to next page. And in next page i have to fire a query based on the date entered in previous page...

Now my prb is that my date value is not getting passed to the next page.

I have used

navigation->set_parameter( name = 'BEGDA' value = BEGDA ).

to pass date parameter.....still parameter is not getting passed.

plz help me with this.....

thankx.....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you have a page attribute (with auto checked ) in the next page with name BEGDA?

also go into debuggin and make sure that BEGDA is filled with value before the statement

navigation->set_parameter( name = 'BEGDA' value = BEGDA ).

Regards

Raja

There is a specific forum for BSP related questions. post your BSP questions there.

former_member715991
Participant
0 Kudos

H Raja,

Thankx for replying . Yes i have checked the auto checkbox of the second page and during debugging it shows me the value in BEGDA in 1st page.

But in OnInitialisation of second page it is not taking the value in BEGDA.

I have passed 3 parametres to 2nd page ,2 of which are date type and other is character. Charatcter is getting passed but the date parameters are not getting passed...

plz help me with this..

Thankx

Regards

Swati

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have use a type string or char var to pass parameters.

move your begda value to a variable of type char/string and the receiving variable also has to be of type string/char. and then you can move it to type d , if required.

Raja

former_member715991
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I tried changing my date to string from 1st page and then passing it..

It is getting passed but when i am changing it to date type again it makes the date 8 characters so truncates last 2 digits.

As a result in my query it is giving an error.

plz help

Regards

Swati

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to convert the date in string format to internal format. you can do that using this FM

call function 'CONVERT_DATE_TO_INTERN_FORMAT'

exporting

datum = wf_to_date " date in string

dtype = 'DATS'

importing

idate = wf_datet. "variable of type D

Regards

Raja

Assing points for helpful answers.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is your question answered? if so kindly mark the thread as answered.

Raja

former_member715991
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

I implemented the FM in 1st page. Do i have to write something in 2nd page becaus its now giving me this error.

<b>The data that was read could not be written to the specified target field during a SELECT access. Either the conversion is not supported for the type of the target field, or the target field is too short to accept the value, or the data is not in the appropriateformat for the target field.</b>

Regards

Swati

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to implement it in 2nd page.

Raja T