cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro DC dependency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have 2 webdynpro DC. One DC (DC1) uses API of Another DC (DC2).

I have created api public part in DC2, added sharing reference in DC1 on DC2.

But it doesn't work. The class is not found.

The only solution I found to add build public part to DC2. In this case DC1 contains jar file of DC2.

Is there another solution without build public part?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

luciano_leitedasilva
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

The way to do this is create a API public part in DC2 and add as used DC at DC1. This work fine. There isn't other way.

Regards,

Luciano

Former Member
0 Kudos

API part has been created. But it doesn't work for me. Maybe I did mistake, but it works only with BUILD part created in DC2

I don't use WD components of DC2, only Java API.

Message was edited by:

Denis Ivanov

null

null

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis

Check your public part in DC2. The part must have at least Build-time attribute.

Check also .classpath file in DC1 project. The class file must contain reference to Jar from DC2. Without this you could not compile DC1. If the reference is abssent - then try to close IDE and rebuild the components again.

However I know that some version of IDE contans error that .classpath is not updated properly according to changes in references between DC.

BR

Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I have not provide full information... Complilation works. The problem exists on the server - NoClassDefFoundError.

I have added API public part to Used Components in DC1.

It didn't work until I added BUILD public part of DC2 to DC1.

But I don't want to include DC2 jar to all application that are used DC2.

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Denis

In the case go to WebDynpro Project Properties -> Webdynpro references -> Sharing references. Add new reference to DC2 there in form of <vendor>/<dc name>. The name should be added here must be the same as you see in Visual Admin -> Deploy service for your DC2.

BR

Sergei

luciano_leitedasilva
Contributor
0 Kudos

Denis,

Have you created a Public Part SDA (Assembly) in DC2?

Should you create a Public Part for Compilation(DC) and Assembly(SDA).

Regards,

Luciano

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was solved. I had Sharing reference like server.com/root/dc2 (it is strange that I din't get warnings during deploy)

I changed reference to server.com/root~dc2 and it works without assembly public part!

Answers (0)