cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping for INBOUND sales data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I am working on SAP-POS integration for a retailer. My question is on mapping of inbound sales data with the Idoc - wpuums01. Partner profiles are of type - Customer - and also there will be a seperate partner profile for each store.

But, Inbound POS data has store number and idoc doesn't have store number in segments E1WPU*. IDOC has sender partner number , which is store number in this case, in EDI_DC40 segment.

I think, we deactivate EDI_DC40 segment for inbound messages. If this is the case, how do we map store number in pos file with IDOC. If we keep EDI_DC40 segment active, do we have to map the fileds like tabnam, mestyp, idoctyp, sndpor, sndprt, sndprn, rcvpor, rcvprt, rcvprn etc...

thanks in advance for your inputs.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to map it because some of the fields are required as they have occurance of 1..1

You can map them to a constant I guess. And in the Idoc adapter DON'T select take the value from the payload.

Regards

Vijaya

Message was edited by:

vijaya kumari

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think, receiver partner number-RCVPRN- (store number) is required to identify the partner profile for this message.If we don't select "take the value from the payload" in IDOC adapter, how the corresponding partner profile will be identified.Can I select "apply control record values from payload" OR select "take receiver values from payload".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, store number is required to post sales data of this store in SAP.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>Can I select "apply control record values from payload" OR select "take receiver values from payload".

you can select take from payload and set sender

(two things) and the store number can be dynamic (from payload)

IDOC adapter config that you're looking for is described in my book:

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi"><b>Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI</b></a>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you need to check how the IDOC should look like

use transaction WPUK

which can create the idoc for you

(the first link inside it is what you're looking for)

unless you want to send IDOC with aggregated sales

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried that and have seen values got generated in control record. But since values in edi_dc40 segment (sender port number, sender partner type , receiver port, receiver partner type , receiver partner no) are supposed to get populated by system using our configuration in integration builder (design and configuration) etc. , I was not sure whether this is the correct way of doing.

Also, if i dont map constant values for the fields mentioned above with the receiver and sender details(in addition to mapping sender partner number with the store number in pos file), mapping is getting errored out. Is this correct way of doing??