cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD - JCO Configuration problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I've deployed an application in my EP Server, this aplication use a RFC model.

When I trayed to create the JCO connection (the metadata connection) from the SLD, I have the following error:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=suaban01 GROUP=TODOS R3NAME=BK3 MSSERV=sapmsBK3 PCS=1 ERROR service 'sapmsBK3' unknown TIME Thu Jan 18 09:17:26 2007 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 MODULE ninti.c LINE 505 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmsBK3' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 1

There is any way to configure the metadata connection by standalone connection (no load balance).

I have made some of the solution of some threads (add some lines in the service file), I wrote the service file of the EP (not the SLD server).

Any body can help me? THANKS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Make an enrty in

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services

<SAPMESSAGESERVER> <PORT>/tcp

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

<IP> <alias>

Kind Regards

Mukesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But, in what server I have to modify the files?

in The Portal Server, in the SLD Server, or in the R/3 Server?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your local system add the R/3 system IP address and alias to be add in the host file.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

u can open the hosts notepad and add the IP address of Ur r/3 system

Like 172.19.12.4 DQT this u can see ur R/3 system properties add over there.

Thanks,

lohi.

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do it in the Portal server.

Be aware of making a <b>blank line at the end</b> of the <services> file otherwise it will not work !!!

Regards