cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File construction mode: append of the file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario. I have a receiver file adapter. The propperty file construction mode is set to append file. So messages will be appended into one file.

My sender adapter takes the file when my receiver adapter is still appending because I miss lines of my receiving messages..

Has anyone an idea how tis is possible? Why will the file not be locked when receiver is appending?

Regards,

Luc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using NFS?

If yes, in your sender <b>file adapter > Advanced Mode>Milliseconds Before Check </b> will handle this.

<i>Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check

Enter the number of milliseconds that the adapter must wait before it checks whether the files have been changed.

This parameter is not available if you have selected File Content Conversion as the Message Protocol and then made an entry under Recordsets per Message that splits an input file into several messages.</i>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The sender CC can read from the file which is is bein written but we cannot write into the file. I believe lock is enabled only when the same file is accessed simultanously for writing the data .