cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

value help in webdynpro applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented a simple value help application in webdynpro as given in one of the pdf's and it is working fine.

I get a value and description pair as popup.

I have changed the field name to "Subject ID" as shown below. and it is working fine too. now i want to change the label for the "display text" field. how can that be done.

I mean there are 2 fields in the popup. for the first field i have changed the label name to "subject ID" (SubjectType.setFieldLabel("Subject ID"))

now i want the second field label also to change to "Initials" instead of "display text" which is usually shown as default.

<b>ISimpleTypeModifiable SubjectType = attributeInfo.getModifiableSimpleType();

SubjectType.setFieldLabel("Subject ID");

IModifiableSimpleValueSet valueSet = SubjectType.getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

valueSet.put("SUBJ-001","A.B.");

valueSet.put("SUBJ-002","C.D.");

valueSet.put("SUBJ-003","E.F.");

valueSet.put("SUBJ-004","X.Y."); </b>

is there any way to implement that?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pamita,

Unfortunately, no way.

It's an old "WD" feature and this was discussed on SDN more then year ago.

Try to submit a bug/feature request: it would be really nice if WD EVS uses ISimpleType.getDescription for <i>description</i> column.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

P.S. It's also funny that WD still uses ISimpleType.getFieldLabel() instead of ISimpleType.getColumnLabel() for key <i>column</i> header.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

I guess i'll just create a new window. and implement it as a popup view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pamita,

If "EVS" replacement is an option for you, then consider OVS over value node as well. Unfortunately, users will have this unavoidable "Go" button, but at least you get "button right to input field" and correct window positioning automatically.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I tried implementing Object value selector. I'am getting the data in the OVS table but there are some problems i'am facing

1.> I cant see the headers for the result table

2.> I cant see labels for the search input fields.

I have not used any model binding, am directly binding an element to a node and hardcoding values in the element to test it.

<b>IPublicOVSCustomController.IOutputListNode node = wdContext.nodeOutputList();

IPublicOVSCustomController.IOutputListElement elem ;

elem= node.createOutputListElement();

node.addElement(elem);

elem.setName("");

elem.setId("");</b>

does it have to do with this kind of binding cause in the pdf it gives an example with a BAPI. there has been a model binding and they are calling it like this:

IPublicOVSCust.IBapi_Flight_Getlist_InputElement ovsInput =

(IPublicOVSCust.IBapi_Flight_Getlist_InputElement)

queryInputNodeElement;

and the tables automatically show the hearders and there are label fields...does it have to do anything with model binding?

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Unfortunately, users will have this unavoidable "Go" button

My requirement is to change the text of this button in OVS window.

Is that really impossible?

Thanks in advance

Roelof