cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW2004s SP10 upgrade didn't work after all (no error message)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ... again

I allready reported my vain efforts to upgrade a NetWeaver 2004s SP08 MaxDB installation to SP10 in another thread. I thought I evaded the problem by installing and upgrading a NetWeaver 2004s OracleDB system. But ...

I installed the NetWeaver 2004s Oracle system using a Rapid Installer from the SAP homepage without having any problems. The JSPM-Deployment of the SP10 packages went well too. No error message occurred and the deployment finished with the message "Deployment successfull". I checked the deployed packages in the SDM. Everything seemed to be ok. But ... when I execute the Visual Administrator it tells me that the version of the Visual Administrator (SP10) differs from the Kernel version (SP8). I then checked the System Information page of my portal and it tells me that the whole portal is at patch level SP08. Although the SDM still tells me that the SP10 packages are deployed (no erroneous packages are shown). What went wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the answer in SAP note 910073. The deployment worked properly. Its just that the system information table wasn't updated after deployment.