Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU56

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I wanted to find out the authorizations given to a particular user using su56. But its giving directly the authorizations of my userid through which im logged in. How can i view the authorizations of a different user using su56. Is it possible?

Regards

ashok

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can use "SUIM" and select "user Information system" > "users by complex selection criteria" > "by userID".

then specify "user-id" and execute. then double click on the user, it will show you the list of authorization assigned to tht particular user.

hope this info helps!

with regards,

raj.

<i>pls, award points.</i>

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can use "SUIM" and select "user Information system" > "users by complex selection criteria" > "by userID".

then specify "user-id" and execute. then double click on the user, it will show you the list of authorization assigned to tht particular user.

hope this info helps!

with regards,

raj.

<i>pls, award points.</i>

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also use tcode SU01.Give the username and DISPLAY.You can find the list of all assigned profiles and roles.

Thanks,

s<i><b>A</b></i>mik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SU56 does give only the authorzations entered in the User Buffer only For <b>Logged-On Users</b>.

To find out authorizations assigned to some other User Id use transaction:

S_BCE_68001394. Enter the Userid in filed USER and double click on it. This would display all the role and profiles assigned to that perticular user.

Hope your question is answered.

Please reward points if it does satisfy your requirement.

Regards

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

You can use transaction SU01D - User master display.

With SU01D you can see any user 's user master record in display mode.

like address, expiry date, assigned printers, parameters, roles and profiles.

Thanks,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We cannot view the authorizations for other users using SU56.We can monitor the authorizations for users using SUIM,SU01.

As over frds suggested above.try to use those methods.

SU56 only gives the authorizations data for particular user(with whome you logged).

i hope it will help you.

kiran kumar.v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find User's Authorization Data and also the last authorization check for other users using SU56.

In the initial screen you will be displayed with Switch Layout (click on this button)

In the next screen click on button (or F5) beside Switch Layout button

once you click you will be prompted with pop-up with user and Authorization objects

Enter the values and cilck on (clock icon).

You will be prompted with values

I hope this helps

Cheers

Soma

You will be promted with