cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using OpenLDAP as userstore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to use espicially the OpenLDAP implementation as a userstore for SAP J2EE-Engine 6.40?

Thanks for answers,

André

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manisha,

thank you for your reply.

I would like to connect an OpenLDAP to our EP7.0 with Web Application Server Java.

However other experts just inform me that it is possible to use LDAP as a datasource. I know this already and I know where to find general information about using LDAP for identity management.

But I need information how to connect especially an OpenLDAP to EP7.0 with WAS Java, Win2k3 64bit; Connection should be writeable and in a Flathierachy

I think I just have to adjust one of the LDAP-configuration XML-files to the OpenLDAP requirements.

In the standard delivery there are already Configuration-XML-Files for Microsoft AD, Novell, Sun etc.

Is there already an Configuration-XML-File which I can use for OpenLDAP?

If not how I can use and adjust the exisiting files to make the OpenLDAP connection work (Access writeable, Flathierachy)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Yes It is possible. I did it. You can change the data source to LDAP+DB.

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thomas,

I thinks you are just replying to all LDAP threads....

Anyways what excaly your requirement?

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is an older post, however I would be happy to get to know if you managed to use the OpenLDAP with the EP.

Which OpenLDAP-configuraton XML-file did you use?

Thanks in advance

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know if it is officially supported by SAP but I experimenting with Openldap as my user store for EP6 on WebAS 6.40. I am able to connect and authenticate to/from the ldap. That is all I have done so far.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Dominic Uliano

Platinum Consultant

Netweaver Consulting Practice

SAP America, Inc.