cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IB->design,configure->Activate What next?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to understand the XI IS functionality by taking simple FILE->IS->FILE scenario.

After design,configure, scenario activate:

a)what gets published in IS (a daemon program in java/abap stack!!) from ID-directory?

b)what need to be checked in XI adapter framework (for file adapter, check the CC status in RWB component monitoring for green active status)? any other verification steps

c)SXMB_MONI is useful for monitoring the message, but I'm more interested in if the program exists for the scenario and if yes it is compiled ok in first place (similar to compiled java program eg: sample.java)

d) where to get more meaningful run time error message?

for example there was a error in message mapping per SXMB_MONI log

<u><b> <SAP:Stack>During the application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_mm_unix_etc_pwd_ a com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException was thrown: RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformatio~</SAP:Stack></b></u>

With help of <b>Michal weblog</b> (thanks) advise /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

tested the payload xml attachement in IR and fixed the datatype to match ID->Comm Channel->content conversion parameters.

Good, I could fix the error by referring web log.

Why SXMB_MONI is not spelling out understandable runtime error message?

(in place of no use exception msg "RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation"). May be there is more info somewhere!!

Checking if there is a way to get meaningful error message for message mapping runtime errors!

e) Is there a parsing tool to convert sender payload XML (from payload attachement xsmb_moni) to ID->message type structures? This would help fixing message mapping errors that exist in source(sender).

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Simple once activation is done then you need to go for testing

In the File 2 File you will be using two adapters for configuration(ID)

what gets published in IS (a daemon program in java/abap stack!!) from ID-

directory? ---> In IS we can see how the message is processed based on the

mapping declared in IR. All the things what and all happened in the IS we can

check in the RWB (T.code : SXMB_MONITOR)

U can see all the steps how the messaged prossed in IS and with meaning

full errors. (I.e Root cause)

thanks

Rakesh