cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Sender - Sender option greyed out

aidaj_hilton
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to configure the communication channel for RFC_sender. I have completed the steps as per Michal's blog - created RFC destination in my R/3 system, registered the program etc.

My problem occurs when creating the communication channel.

As soon as I select RFC as the adapter, the Sender option is greyed out and only the Receiver option is active.

Any insights into why this is the case would be very helpful.

Regards,

Jill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jill,

That is a rather stange issue! Have never seen something of this sort.

Sounds stupid, but have you selected the RFC adapter as Adapter Type? If yes, and you still cannot see the Sender option, one option would be to reimport he SAP Basis Component into your Integration Repository as this is where the Adapter Meta Data is stored.!

Regards

Bhavesh

aidaj_hilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh. It is after I select RFC as the adapter type that the Receiver gets selcted as the default and the Sender is greyed out. I will do as you suggest and reimport the SAP Basis component.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DO let me know if reimporting the BASIS component does the trick!

Regards

Bhavesh

aidaj_hilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I looked at your suggestion fro reimporting basis components. I'm not really sure how I go about that. I have tried this scenario on both our 4.6C system and our 4.7 system. When we created these systems as technical and business systems it includes the basis components. Should I be deleting and then recreating the technical and business system. In fact I did that already with the 4.6C system because I had to change it to point to a different server.

When I select any of the following adapter types the Sender is greyed out:

RFC

HTTP

IDoc

XI

For all the other adapter types I have the option of selecting both Sender or Receiver

Regards,

Jill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ji Jill,

>>I'm not really sure how I go about that. I have tried this scenario on both our 4.6C system and our 4.7 system

You need to download the tpz file from service.sap.com and place it in your import directory and import the component in your IR.

>>When we created these systems as technical and business systems it includes the basis components

It is not there because you have created tech or buss. systems, it is there only coz you or some of your BASIS team member have imported the content into IR.

Now you dont need to delete it and reimport it. Just place the tpz file on the import directory and import it. This will over write the previosly present conetet.

>>When I select any of the following adapter types the Sender is greyed out:

RFC

HTTP

IDoc

XI

Note for HTTP and IDOC you dont have a sender communication channel.

Also you dont need XI sender communication channel for ABAP proxy, not sure about JAVA proxy.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

aidaj_hilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Jai. I will get our Basis team to implement your suggestion and update this post with the outcome.

Regards,

Jill

aidaj_hilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Jai,

Basis have imported the tpz file but my problem has not yet been solved. Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Jill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jill,

Am not sure about this option, but have seen in some threads in SDN that "restarting the adapter in Visual Administrator" solves the problem. Can you try this?

Regards,

Jai Shankar

aidaj_hilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Jai,

Thanks for your help.

Actually importing the tpz file is the solution. Our Basis team reimported the tpz file with the latest patch 19 and then it worked.

Regards,

Jill

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189354
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Tcode "SXI_CACHE" and use menu GOTO->AE Cache. Try to refresh the AE Cache. Probable this may help. Or else try to login to the Visual Composer where you can analyze the error situation.

Regards,

Rao.M

aidaj_hilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rao.

It did not make any difference. I did do all the possible cache refreshes (including CPA cache) and logged out and back in etc.

Regards,

Jill