cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure SLD or how to check whether SLD is available or not?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have installed ECC 6.0. I am now trying to configure SLD. The message I am getting while logging to `http://<server>:port/sld is

<i>You do not have permission to view the System Landscape Directory. Minimum required: UME role with permission com.sap.lcr.LcrUser and J2EE role LcrUser. See the SLD Post-Installation Guide for details.

SLD not set up. Please configure the SLD in Administration first.</i>

Also when I log into the server as admin the message I am getting is...

<i>System Landscape Directory is not accessible.

Local System only can be administrated. </i>

The WAS I am using comes along ECC. I want to know whether I need to install SLD again or is it currently there? What I thought that SLD is a configuration we need to do after installing SAP WAS.

Can any one tell me how to configure SLD or how to check whether SLD is available or not.

Thanks in advance

Meng

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Asign the group SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR to the user in the portal.

Check this tooo https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=789616&messageID=2225582

Regards, ANilkumar

0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

thank you for ur quik reply. but i am not able to see the link.

I want to know one thing. How can we know tat SLD is present in the system or not?

Regards

Meng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Meng

One way to check whether SLD is present is to follow link http://<server>:<portnumber>/sld

If you are asked for UserID and password, it means SLD is present.

To access SLD, as Anil told, the user should in the SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR group.

Though I have not told you anything new, but hope it clears things for you.

Regards

Kapil

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

See this thread:

/people/sugree.phatanapherom/blog/2005/08/14/configuring-sld-in-sneak-preview-sap-netweaver-04-sneak

/thread/146517 [original link is broken]

Regards, Suresh KB

0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

Thank you for your replay, it is helpful.

But I can't login to the SLD configuation page, no user authorized.

I can login with user J2EE_ADMIN, but no authorization for configuration.

I am wondering whether SLD was installed or not by basis according to the current errors.

Thanks

Meng

null

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ranjeet0702
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You need to do SLD post-installation steps toactivate SLD. Drop me a mail at ranjeetk_jha@infosys.com for the SDM post installation guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm getting the same error. I have custom Roles developed in ECC on the back end (called ZDS_XI_ADMIN) to take the place of the SAP Delivered Role (SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR). The User needs access to the J2ee Java Stack and also SLD. When they try to get into the SLD and try to sign on with their ECC ID/PW, they get the same error here.

In Visual Admin, I was looking for that Role (SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR) and was going to put in their my Custom ZDS* Roles, but I don't know where this Role exists in Visual Admin. Can anyone point me to where this Role exists, so I can add my Custom Role to the Group box? Which Component does this Role exist in?

Thanks.

Chris