cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Trex to search data from iview containing web dynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone ,

After doing some basic research , I understand that TREX can be used to search data in KM , So

1) I was wondering wether it is possible to use Trex to search data on iviews containing web dynpro application.

For example , one iview in the portal contains an ESS( Employee Self Service ) application where the user can view, edit, add, delete his professional qualifications .

is it possible for a Manager to type a word " SAP ABAP " using TREX and search through the application for all its employees ?

2) I would assume caching is needed so that TREX is able to traverse the datas. so next question is , is caching of application data possible for web dynpro applications ?

Thanks for your time ,

Darren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Darren,

did you come up with a solution? I see that the question is still unanswered.

Very interesting question and very relevant to our organization.

Thanks,

Vamshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darren,

My answer may not give exact explanation to your quries but the following links will help you .

APIs for searching with TREX

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9237e490-0201-0010-f3a1-9a322ccb...

Recent Blog /people/esther.schmitz/blog/2007/01/17/how-to-write-a-search-application-using-the-km-indexmanagement-api-for-trex

/people/sanjay.chatterjee/blog/2006/04/20/knowledge-management-repository-search-engine-without-trex-engine

Regards, ANilkumar