cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRBACKUP error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have run into a brbackup issue. Whenever we schedule an online backup using brbackup, it ends with rc=3. I have pasted the log of brbackup activity below:

BR0051I BRBACKUP 6.40 (22)

BR0055I Start of database backup: bdukfwtp.anf 2007-01-17 10.31.09

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2007-01-17 10.31.09

BR0301E SQL error -604 at location BrInitOraCreate-2

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1

ORA-01422: exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows

ORA-06512: at line 8

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status

SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory

Additional information: 3

BR0303E Determination of RDBMS version failed

BR0056I End of database backup: bdukfwtp.anf 2007-01-17 10.31.09

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2007-01-17 10.31.09

BR0054I BRBACKUP terminated with errors

The same procedure was used flawlessly until we had to restore the system after data corruption issue. The restore was done with brtools and was successful. Since the restore, brbackup is running into errors.

I think the solution to this issue is realted to the errors identified in the log :

Quote:

BR0301E SQL error -604 at location BrInitOraCreate-2

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1

ORA-01422: exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows

ORA-06512: at line 8

Quote:

ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied ->wouldnt this be handled by the ops$_user? I executed R3trans -d and RC=0000

ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status

SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory

Additional information: 3

Other than backup errors, operations like Database check and Update optimizer statistics have completed successfully using BRCONNECT.

Any help in resolving this issue is appreciated.

Regards,

Syed

ECC5.0/Oracle 9.2.6.0/Solaris 9

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

You <sid>adm user doesnot have sufficient authorizations. Check out this link. This should help you out:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9e626b1c-0d01-0010-b2ba-cfa....

regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The backup is failed only due to the insufficient privileges. First you alter user "system" password from SQL then change the pass words for the OPS$ user password using sapdba. Hope it defiantly resolve the issue.

Regards..

S.Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for all your feedback.

I think altering the "system" from SQL is not a good practice, better use brtools/brconnect to do this. Correct me if I am wrong about changing the password for OPS$ user... the user used to log into the terminal is the same user as <SID>adm and ora<SID> an I have no issue with their passwords.

As for the insufficient privileges, I would get "ORA-01031 Insufficient privileges" which I do not see in the error message.

<b>FYI:Solution</b>

I was able to perform the backup successfully by executing a modified version of the BRBACKUP command:

brbackup - u / -c -d util_file_online -t online -m all

Thanks everyone for your inputs... I would love to award points to there person who helped me... but the user is not the member of this forum.

Regards,

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suggesting you to check the DB user authorization, Also deleted the path or file of backup and create it again and then execute.

Cheers

Arun