cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop-down list not filtering the query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a drop-down list with a dynamic entry list from a query that lists my profit centers. When I click on my drop down list, the value selected should be passed to another query, that has the same characteristic and then the out put table should be generated filtered acording to the value that I had selected in my drop down list.

The drop down filter is not working.

I noticed that when I click on my drop down properties entry list, there are two fields available Program_Profit_cntr and WEBAPI. Which one should I type the assigned value? If I type in the Program_Profit_cntr I don't see any data in my output table and if I type in the WEBAPI I see data, but it's not filtered by profit center.

Also in the submit line that connects the form (drop down) with the query ,there are two input fields available with the same name as above. Which ones should be used?

Any help with this issue is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arun_ev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

When you make a dynamic entry list first you select the source for this. Now since it is a BI query, first give the proper ports ie INPUT port as INPUT and OUTPUT port as OUTPUT.

In the next screen map the respective data. The Input will be the field in VC for which thsi data is to be passed. For the next query to accept this map the output port to the query and pass the technical value to the query...you can find this as the <characteristic>_<key> value. T

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

I would first test the data service. Therefore you can pull the query into the storyboad, then right click on the query and select "test data service", then execute the query. You will have two columns (maybe you get more). Check the values you get from the query. This is the first opportunity to check the values and if the query works like you need it. If there are the values you need for your drop down, then you can assign the correct field in your entry list as value and as key.

I think about another possibility you can use a ABAP RFC FM with a simple SQL statement of the T-table for example. Then you get key and the texts of your profit center for your drop down. Then you have to pass the key from the RFC into your query.

Hope that helps,

Best Regards,

Marcel