cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS (Sender Communication Channel) and MQ in Mainframe (Legacy) System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we use JMS Sender Communication Channel in XI that runs on Windows 2003 server to DIRECTLY poll messages from MQ in Mainframe (Legacy) system??

I understand that we can install MQ on XI server and have mainframe push the messages to XI MQ so that JMS can poll but wanted to see if there is a way to do this without having MQ on XI server.

If you know of any documentation regarding this, can you please post it?

Thanks,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input P.Venkat and Amol.

But I need some type of documentation (proof) that proves that JMS can directly access MQ in Mainframe system.

Can you refer me to documentations?

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understanding everything that has been posted to this thread.

What I want to find out is

Can JMS Sender Communication Channel on XI server (Windows 2003) DIRECTLY access MQ that is installed on Mainframe (Legacy) server to poll messages??

Again, I understand we can have MQ on XI server and have Mainframe push the messages from MQ on Mainframe server to MQ on XI server. BUT I want to see if this is possible without having to install MQ on XI server.

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my knowledge, you can make XI directly pick messages from MQ insatlled in mainframe. The only constraint that is possible is access constraints. Once it is accessible it can be done in XI.

You can configure the sender JMS communication channel to do this.

Regards,

P.Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can JMS Sender Communication Channel on XI server (Windows 2003) DIRECTLY access MQ that is installed on Mainframe (Legacy) server to poll messages??

-- Yes. It has nothing to do with the location of your MQ server. Provided you install the MQ libraries on XI server and have necessary setup on MQ which allows JMS access, no issues about it. You can also decide not to use JMS access and instead have plain MQ java libraries based access, in either cases installation of MQ driver libaries on XI server is mandatory.

Rgds,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jung,

Are you looking for this help:

/people/william.li/blog/2006/11/13/how-to-use-saps-webas-j2ees-jms-queue-in-exchange-infrastructure

Also check this sap help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cd/d85a9d6fab7d4dbb7ae421f710626c/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/2d6189f0e27a4894ad517961762db7/content.htm

---Satish