cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two r3 systems running on two different servers but they share the same network.I am trying to configure (Two system landsacpe ie,DEV--> PROD tms configuration).Having said that, i followed the guide lines from help.sap.com to configure..but some where i got lost and this configuration is not working...

Can you give me step by step guidelines with example to configure the two way system?

Thanks

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Rama,

What error are you facing. Have you created transport layers,groups and routes correctly?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit,

Thanks for your reply.

This is where i stand on this issue.

1.I have created domain controller with its RFC connection.

2.I have created addtional domain(which is PROD system).

3.I have created transport route with these two systems.

4.DEV is my domain controller.

But , my question is ,

1,I created PROD domain as "external system"..is this correct?

2.How do i have common TRANS_DIR so that for both systems export/import can happend?

3.How do i define the PROD domain with RFC connection or user name and client numbers ..so that import process can pick up these information..

I am looking for help doc with an exmple.

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

if u want a common tranport domain, then you should select the new system as "virtual System" and later add tht system to the current transport domain.

so delete the production system setting from Dev and recreate as "virtual system".

while you create a transport layer, b/n this two system, then we can specify the client number etc. we can leave that field empty also.

hope this info helps.

with regards,

raj.

<i>pls award points</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please confirm do you have DVE and PRD on place or PRD is yet to come in landscape. If do then Virtual system is the soultion or else you need to create the TP layer like ZTP layer in STMS and then create the TP route from DEV to PRD for ZTP and standard SAP layer.

Cheers

Arun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

The answers to your question are:

1,I created PROD domain as "external system"..is this correct?

No it is not. You simply dont need to do so. You need only one domain which will reside on domain controller. Basically you have to make production system part of the existing domain.

2.How do i have common TRANS_DIR so that for both systems export/import can happend?

This is achieved through sharing. Check with OS level network admins. For Unix make use of NFS where the transport directory will be mounted on systems where it actually doesnot reside.So if your transport directory resides in DEV it has to be mounted on PROD.Windows makesuse of NT share. Check out this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/de/6b0da5f34d11d3a6510000e835363f/content.htm

3.How do i define the PROD domain with RFC connection or user name and client numbers ..so that import process can pick up these information..

The RFC destination is auto-confured by SAP.You dont need to create it explicitily.

Now the important part. A useful document. Please check this link:

http://www.basisconsultant.com/docs/handbooks/tmsconf.pdf

Go through it throughly. it will help you. Also I always woudll recommend reading and re-reading SAP help. Nothing beats it.

Please award points for useful information.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu