cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD Application properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know what is a Web dynpro application property and how it can be retrieved within a WD application?

I have a timer control on my UI, and want to set the timer interval either by application property or through portal iview config.

Any recommendation?

Thanks a lot!

Hart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/b8/aa343e32ff1033e10000000a114084/content.htm

There is also an component level one where WDConfiguration provides a mechanism where you can define a property in a default.properties file, retrieve such value and use it in your application.

You can change this property using the J2EE administrator console, with the caveat that properties don't get changed until restart.

Another way of doing this is to specify an application parameter processed by the WDWebContextAdapter, you would define this property in the portal iView configuration and retrieve it just as a url parameter. The advantage here is that you can set different parameters on different pages, and not just at the iView level. I believe the API call is WDWebContextAdapter.getWebContextAdapter().getRequestParameter("<parameter name>");

We use a combination of both.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hart

I tried using the Application properties , but they dont seem to be runtime configurable (by editing the property xml). The property needs to be set again and the application redeployed.

Regards

Pran